Thread: No audio output device is installed on Hp Compaq presario f700

No audio output device is installed on Hp Compaq presario f700

I have just purchased the Hp Compaq presario f700 notebook, it was working quite well for few days but by last Friday it is not detecting the audio output or i must say not showing the icon of audio output in the task bar. I have tried every possible setting that i can in the device manager, in the control panel, in BIOS but was not able to overcome the issue. So please any one with the answer reply, it is urgent for me.

Re: No audio output device is installed on Hp Compaq presario f700

To resolve your problem first verify that if you are able to see a small sound icon in the system tray. If this is missing then just follow the following steps and the audio output will work properly;
    • Go to Control panel
    • Click on the "Sounds and Audio Devices" icon
    • Enable the "Place volume icon in the task bar" if it is not checked
    • If the option is not available then skip these section document
    • Close the Control panel

• Double click on the sound icon in the system tray and verify all the sound is in the mid-way mode

• Go to my computer>Manage>Application > Services>Windows audio
    • set it to Automatic and start

• now in my computer>Manage> check any installed hardware with the exclamation mark, if seen right click on it to disable these properties.

Update the sound driver in the driver window and you are done.

To solve these problem first go to the "BIOS", in that go to the Advanced.Then check for any one of these options in that as Audio Codec, Audio, On-board Sound, On board Audio, On board Audio Options , I/O Device Configuration. Make sure that all of them are enabled. After making the chances, press "F10" key and then press "Y" key to save the setting and exit. Check the "Sounds and Audio Devices" option in control panel and make sure that the muted option is not selected. Then reinstall the audio driver and it will work properly.

First, it is important to known that the driver which you have installed is a fresh installation or the audio driver was working properly in the past. Since it is not showing in the device manager it seems like it needs a driver installation again. You can install the driver from the CD which you had with your notebook or you can download it easily from the hp website.

My audio output was working properly, but suddenly what happened i don't known. My notebook was running slow and everything was unresponsive, i tried in the Volume control and even in the device manager. There was no response for a long time then rebooted the system and the audio driver was lost forever. please give me a accurate solution to install the driver, i will be grateful to you.

I am still not sure that which driver you have, there are four different versions of Hp Compaq presario f700 are available on the hp website.There are chances that it many be any of the four versions in the net, so first download all four versions and then install one by one to check which is suitable with your notebook to solve your problem.

Your problem of audio driver can be solved in just few steps, you don’t have to download anything from anywhere. Just follow the simple steps below to solve your problem;
    • Go to “Control panel”
    • Open “Hardware and sound”
    • Look for “Device Manager” and select it
    • Scroll down to “Sound and video controller”
    • Right click to “Select sound and game option”
    • Click on the “Scan the hardware chances”

You are done with your audio driver and it will work properly for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Protectors View Post
    I have just purchased the Hp Compaq presario f700 notebook, it was working quite well for few days but by last Friday it is not detecting the audio output or i must say not showing the icon of audio output in the task bar. I have tried every possible setting that i can in the device manager, in the control panel, in BIOS but was not able to overcome the issue. So please any one with the answer reply, it is urgent for me.
    my compaq presario f700 laptop but no sound when i installed driver after download time of run answer no media device found

Quote Originally Posted by chetwanirajesh View Post
    my compaq presario f700 laptop but no sound when i installed driver after download time of run answer no media device found
    What operating system have you installed in your pc? You can try to download the audio driver from the official manufacturer's website or download the driver for you laptop's sound adapter from here. Back up one directory higher for other supported OS.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I had the same problem with an HP Presario F750US laptop running Vista. Couldn't get the driver re-installed, nor could I see the Sound or Game Controller in the Device Manager. So this is what I did:

Restart in Safe Mode
    When it boots, go into Device Manger
    You will then see the Sound & Game Controllers device
    Click on it to expand and you'll see the driver (Possibly Conexant)
    Click on the driver
    Go to the 'Driver' tab and uninstall it.
    The comp will ask you "You are uninstalling this device"
    Just click OK
    Reboot in normal mode
    Vista will then auto-detect the device and reinstall the driver for you.
    DONT DO ANYTHING, it will take about 3 mintues to complete
    And you should see the speaker icon go from red X to ready
    Voila'