Thread: Froyo 2.2 Exchange mail killing my battery

Froyo 2.2 Exchange mail killing my battery

I have just upgraded my Motorola Droid phone with an Android 2.2 and i guess battery have got affected by it. Actually my battery used to work for whole day previously but since i have upgraded my phone, It lasts only in 2-3 hours. After doing the factory reset my battery worked for some time but then when i tried to access my mail then it suddenly got low and even phone gets hotter.

Re: Froyo 2.2 Exchange mail killing my battery

Sounds like one of the defective batteries. Is accurate to my knowledge only really hot when it is defective or overloaded! (the latter not to take with you, yes!) of a further-functioning battery should not be empty again overnight! I suggest you to check about the same on your phone's battery as there could be some problem with the battery itself.

If you are in an area where your phone does not gets the network then your phone keeps on trying to get the network signals which is a very much power consuming function due to which your battery gets drained quickly. I think you should try using this phone in some good network coverage where it might not be so quick.

It might happen that you battery have got damaged due to which i cannot hold the power for much longer time and it gets hotter due to which you feel that your phone have got hotter. You have to put your battery on the place surface and then try to spin it on its center by just giving a puch from any corner. If it is spinning on its center smoothly which means that it have got swallowed and wont be working properly. You have to change your battery.

I guess exchanging the mails wont be affecting your battery as it could be happening due to some mistake in the battery itself. I think you should check that your battery is working properly or not. You can do this by putting your battery in some other but compatible mobile. You may use the warranty of your phone's battery to get the new one.