Thread: Motorola Droid 100% Charge, stops charging

Motorola Droid 100% Charge, stops charging

I am using the Motorola Droid phone and i usually charge this phone in the night time as i don't get time in day. When i have charged it by using the OEM charger (AC/usb cable) then it charges up to 100 % but then seems to quit then will slowly die to 60-70% by the time I'm up. What could be the problem? Is there anything wrong with the battery?

Re: Motorola Droid 100% Charge, stops charging

It might happen that there would be mistake in displaying the battery status of your phone. I suggest you to reboot your phone but make sure that you just do not turn it off and then on. First of Switch it off and then remove its battery and then put it back after some 5 minutes, Turn ON your phone now. Now you may check about the same issue.

Problem seems to be with the battery it self as it might happen that your phone's battery wont be able to hold the power for much time. This merely happens when the cells of any battery gets weaker and it can hold only some of its full power and rest will be released in just few minutes. I think you should check your phone charging with the normal charger and then see that your battery looses power or not.

If you want to check that the battery of your phone is in okay condition or not then you can even check it at any time anywhere and all you need is flat surface. Take out the battery out of your phone and then put it on the plane surface. Not try to spin your battery on its center and check that it spinning smoothly or not. If it is then you battery has been swelled and you need to change the battery.

I think the problem is with the phone's firmware which wont be continuing the charging once it gets full. I mean to say when you connect your phone to the computer system by using the USB then it start s charging then after some time your phone gets fully charged but you have not detached it yet, means you are using its battery now. Suppose you used it for more half n hour and hence your battery has only 60 % power when you detach it from usb. It does not keep on charging it as it goes on loosing the power.

There could be some kind of hardware problem due to which you are facing this kind of issues. If you have bought this phone few months back then you must be having its warranty with you which you must use to solve this problem as if there is anything wrong with the hardware of your phone.

I think the problem is with your battery as if it is not holding the charge for much time. If it is not been more then six months then i suggest you to replace your phone's battery with the new one as it does not charges anything if your phone is not older then six months. I know that the phone's warranty is one year but i guess battery's warranty lasts after six only.