Thread: Battery Drains When Droid Shut Off

Battery Drains When Droid Shut Off

Coming straight to the point about my problem. I am facing the problem with the battery of Motorola Droid. The battery drains then Droid is shut down. So, I got Droid replaced. Now, I charged this replaced mobile at night and then switched it off. In the morning when I switched it on I was surprised to see that the battery level was fallen to 60%. Any thing that any one know about this here? Please help. The last Droid phone that I replaced had the worse scenario compared to this one.

Re: Battery Drains When Droid Shut Off

I also have experienced the same problem. Whenever I use to plug the mobile into the charger, the white light use to come on. I was thinking that the mobile was charging. In the morning when I checked the status of the battery, I found it showing 50%. I would suggest you to look for the charger, whether it is seated in the socket of Droid properly. For Droid it nearly takes 1 hour to get the battery charged, so please make sure that the battery is fully charged.

I do not know whether it is absolutely correct when I am stating this. I am having this problem with the droid and I have not yet rectified the problem but I think that it will be solved only by meeting the Verizon store. Some of my colleague says that this could be because of the mobile searching the signal, even when the mobile is switched off. I do not find this as a solution because where I stay, there is no such question of finding the signal for my mobile. The signal is always full here.

I have never find this issue with my Droid phone. So, there is really nothing that can make me believe that. Are you using proper charger (i.e. original charger) for charging your droid? Are you sure that nothing wrong happened with the battery(i.e. it was not replaced)? If you are within the warranty, then I would suggest you to get your battery replaced. It is probably the battery that is creating this problem.

I did not get anything like that you stated in this thread. You can try doing this plug in the charger before going to bed, and see what is it showing in the morning. Try doing this for a couple of days. Let me know if that did made difference. If you however did not get it solved the only thing I can suggest you to go to the Verizon and get a replacement done again. Thanks.
    Last edited by Simond; 28-08-2010 at 06:07 AM.

I know one thing that if the mobile is switched off, the battery should not drain at all. It should go for weeks with this scenario and yet have much of battery left. I guess that your phone still tries to sync even when the phone is switched off. This could be also because it may be searching for the signal in the weak signal area.