Thread: Droid: Bluetooth voice dialing - headsets, apps and car kits

Droid: Bluetooth voice dialing - headsets, apps and car kits

Hey friends actually I an interested in getting Motorola Droid, But the thing is that I need BT voice dialing. And I am also aware of the Droid's inability to do BT voice dialing via BT headsets. So I just want to know that does the Motorola Droid allow the Parrot CK3000 Evolution (for car) to voice dial via bluetooth? Now I have Parrot ck3000 Evo installed in my car. The Parrot has its own Voice Dialing feature, but it has to download the contacts from the phone. Did Verizon also disable the Droid's ability to upload contacts to the Parrot? Please reply as soon as it is possible.

Re: Droid: Bluetooth voice dialing - headsets, apps and car kits

You have asked a nice question. For that you just visit this site then you will get your solution. Just click this site http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...ne+Accessories and at the top of the page you can find a couple of Motorola car speakers for Droid. However, I don't believe these work like the Jabra headset does. You will still need to initiate the call on the handset via voice dial, "speed dial" shortcut, etc.
    Last edited by Florence_USA; 27-08-2010 at 02:51 AM.

Problem with me is that most of the time I am always on the road, so hands free calling is must have for me. And I think that I am very sure that Motorolla will be fixing this at some point. However, I was wondering if there is a way to set a shortcut for a single phone number that you can simply press and have the phone dial out. Like a short cut to a speed dial number. My only requirement is that it be a single touch.So is there any way through which it is possible.

Yes, there is a solution for your problem. You just go to the mobile equipment shop and get a Voice Dialer HF it will allow you to touch it one time then you say the name of the person to whom you want to dial and then dial from there. The voice prompts etc. will come out through the speaker phone on the droid and if you are connected bluetooth then you will hear the ringing and conversation through you bluetooth. And This blutooth device cost you around 4.00$ .

Yes it gives fast access on the contacts. In that you can have a one touch shortcut on the home screen. And then when you try to long press the home screen to create the shortcut,so you have to do that just select "Shortcuts" then select "Direct Dial"(not from "Contact"). And then you will have a shortcut that will immediately dial when you touch it.

Yes I have tried it. Firstly it was showing problem but again I have did that And restart my phone. And then make a shortcut there, and now it working very nicely thanks for your comment which you have posted recently. It really helps me a lot. Firstly I was trying the different thing but it was not working but this one is good. One more time thanks.

I want to ask that is there any car which have button that activates that activates the phone application in the speaker mode. And doing that you can use the voice command on Motorola Droid. I think it seems a lot simpler thing to make than a BT ear peace that communicates natively. I think this is very simple and it will become more simpler for there engineering department.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"