Thread: How do I fix froyo update problems?

How do I fix froyo update problems?

I have bought a new phone Motorola Droid and its carrier is Verizon. I do not know how but they have pushed 2.2. to my phone and now i am not able to view my settings page, I guess they have gone! Actually i want to manage screen brightness or wi-fi connections etc which i used to do from the settings but anyway, There must be some other way to access them. Is there anybody who can help me ?

Re: How do I fix froyo update problems?

It might happen that there could have made some mistake while updating your droid and due to which you have not got any supporting file which would be needed to run the Settings page on your Android 2.2 phone. I suggest you to get to the verizon and ask them to update your phone again which may solve your problem.

Best way to solve this problem would be directly call to the Verizon Customer Care which might be knowing that your phone have got pushy android phone. But they might not be knowing that there is no settings provided for accessing the screen brightness and such simple functions. So i guess calling them would be much easier to solve this problem.

The HTC Droid Eris is the second Android phone that Verizon has launched this fall. This simplified Droid is essentially the little brother of the Motorola Droid and is marketed as such. It is half the price to $ 99 with 2 year contact and is so far the cheapest available Android phone. Applications included in Android 2.2 phone are 5MP Camera W / AF, 3.2in display , 528MHz processor, 288MB RAM, 512MB ROM, 8GB microSD card (Class 2), CDMA Rev A, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Magnetometer (compass), 3.5mm headphone.

Pre-loaded applications in Motorola Droid includes:
    • Amazon MP3 store, Verizon Visual Voice Mail
    • Google Maps, Calendar, Talk, Gmail, Youtube
    • Quickoffice, PDF Viewer, Peep (Twitter)
    • Stocks (which uses Yahoo Finance?), Weather (HTC app, which is really cool)
    Customizing the home screen with clock and weather applications. This adds a nice touch to the phone from the box. The home screen also has 7 'vs windows "the Droid Moto 3.

More relevant is the support the downloading of applications directly from the Web without going through the Android Market or need to type procedure "jailbreak. This last point is not trivial: while the approval process on the Apple App Store has its detractors, the user of an Android phone can install anything without passing under the yoke of Google. For example, a VoIP client that works directly on 3G, so that operators prefer to limit yourself to Wi-Fi is an advantage but which has its downside.

If you want to add a Home screen item then please follow the given steps.
    1. Click on Home and then tap or you may tap and hold on an empty area of Home Screen.
    2. Now Home options menu opens when tap on an Add.
    3. Choose an items which you want to add.
    4. To populate your Home screen with widgets from a Scene, press
    5. HOME > MENU, and then tap Scenes.

If you want to add a HTC widgets on your phone's home screen such as a
    clock, calendar, mail, people, Footprints, and more then you can do it. You can also add an Android widget on your phone's home screen like clock, music player, a picture frame, the Google search bar, or a calendar that shows upcoming appointments.