Thread: Motorola DROID: Voice Dial not working

Motorola DROID: Voice Dial not working

I have bought a new Motorola Droid phone and i know that the voice dial apparently doesn't work with a bluetooth but i am not even able to use a regular voice dial. When i am trying to use it then it shows me the list of contacts. What i am doing wrong i don't know but ultimately i am not able to find the right contact at all. I am going to the "Call "contact" mobile.

Re: Motorola DROID: Voice Dial not working

I guess you might have made some mistake while importing the contacts on your Droid phone as it seems like the contact which you are searching for is not there in the list at all. I think you should sync your phone with the computer system and then transfer all the contacts again and check that they appears properly or not.

Even I have a Motorola Droid which I have purchased just a few months ago. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to modify the list of contacts from alphabetical surname to first name order? Actually it is creating the problem for me when there is a matching surname for multiple contacts and due to which i am not able to find the proper contact many time. Please help me.

The only way to do would be to manually export your Google contacts into a file, go from first to last first, and re-import it into the phone. There is no function that will automatically, unfortunately. But this wont be taking much time if you know the proper way of exporting the google contacts files to your phone.

If you want to use the Google Search to voice dial then follow the procedure.
    1. Click on the Search button and hold it for some seconds.
    2. Now you would be get prompted for speak.
    3. Now speak "Call" followed by the name to which you want to call.
    4. If Google search can find the number to which you wish to call then it dials it.

To use the Voice Dialer Application, You have to open the Applications Menu and then touch the Voice Dialer. Now you have to say the name of the person which to which you want to call. Suppose Call "Raj Pakaveshwar" and then Dial "Raj Pakaveshwar, home".