Thread: Blackberry 8520 unable to connect to wifi

Blackberry 8520 unable to connect to wifi

I have just bought a blackberry 8520 and i have a UTstarcom adsl 2+ router that is the modem which basically has a wi-fi connection network which can be connected over network.If i access my blackberry the Utsatrcom is open but when i am trying to connect them it shows a message that get ip.Right now i am not able to make connection through it please help.

Re: Blackberry 8520 unable to connect to wifi

Your problem can be solved with the help of WPA-PSK [Temporal Key Integrity Protocol] + WPA2-PSK [Advanced Encryption Standard],the software available on the new blackberry 8520 is of higher level of encryption.It is made in that way so that the data should be secure. It helps in wireless security and it is not breakable.change your encryption setting as mentioned above and you will connect.

If you are unable to connect to your blackberry with wi-fi first of all just check the router/modem setting properly.It may happen that the the moden has no encryption and you still don't get an ip then make sure that your modem's DHCP server is kept on.Please check your modem manual there must be a proper information for the wi-fi configuration.Make proper setting and you will get connected to your system.

It is very easy to connect to your blackberry to the wifi just follow the step below: 1. Select Manage Connection.
    2.Click on wifi on
    3.Click on network and then select network by scanning in the network area.
    4.select the appropriate wifi network to which you want to connect and save it for further references.
    5.then provide the password and it will take you to the manage connection.
    5.after that set DHCP, it will automatically select the ip and DNS.try it.

Mostly in wifi connection the major problem occurs due to the modem or the router failure. If the DHCP settings in the manager connection is not done properly then it will not find the ip. so there is no connection possible.make proper setting and then connect.If the problem exist then contact blackberry.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

The wifi problem occurs in most cases due to the modem settings check the settings.If the settings are proper then reset your blackberry phone with master reset provided in the phone manuals.If then too the problem is there then contact the dealer or the blackberry to get the proper solution from them.
    make the router setting in manager connection section.

Blackberry 8520 sometime has internal problem such as reset of the master code or some memory problem beside the modem setting so first set the master code and the memory properly and the make the DHCP connection setting in the manage connection section of your system to the modem/router with the wifi. After that also if problem exists the go to the blackberry service center for further assistance.