Thread: Problems Are You Having With Froyo 2.2

Problems Are You Having With Froyo 2.2

I want to purchase Motorola DROID powered by Android 2.2 (codename: Froyo). But I came to know that many of user of this phone are having one or the other problem with it. Thus I would like to know what all are the problems that you have come across until now with your FROYO mobile phone? Was you able to resolve the problem?

Re: Problems Are You Having With Froyo 2.2

If you have not purchased Motorola Droid phone then I would not recommend it to get it. The main reason for this can be that FROYO has a new feature which allows you to tether and create new Wi-Fi hot spots. However, sad thing is that you won't be able to use this feature on your DROID phone because, according to Motorola, the phone hardware isn't capable of supporting this feature.

Honestly speaking, I didn't noticed much of the problems with Android 2.2. My experience with the Froyo was like I was charging my phone when I was upgrading to this new version. It was installed successfully without any problem. After the installation, I tried to surf internet and experienced better internet speed than in its previous version. However the only problem I had experienced was with email client. If you have Verizon data plan than there shouldn't be any problem.

Even I am having Motorola Droid phone. It came with Android 2.1 initially. I upgraded to Froyo last month. I must say this is an excellent piece I have found. However it only fails when it comes to connecting bluetooth keyboard. The phone is unable to pair with this keyboard. I even tried to install some driver to make sure that isn't the case but it didn't. I even tried to manuall do the steps to pair the two but it first asks me for the passcode and even after inputting the correct one, I get the error message that it is not connected. I think this version of Android doesn't support physical keyboard.