Thread: X6 Texting problems??

X6 Texting problems??

Hi friends
    I got my new X6 last week. I am very happy with the phone. I am just having a bit problem with texting. Whenever I try to type any message and I am in the middle of the message, cursor automatically lets me at the beginning of the text. And sometime it starts deleting my messages. Has anyone seen the same problem before and has the solution. Please tell me what should I do?

Re: X6 Texting problems??

When I purchased X6 this problem also happens with me a few times. The problem arises because I was very careless; I made my screen quite dirty. I was not using any screen protector. I cleaned the screen and the issue is solved.

Now, my brother is using the same phone but he is using a good screen protector. And he has not faced this problem once.

So this will be best option for you to use a screen protector of good quality.

I don’t think this problem is because of not using a screen protector. You should try to update your firmware. You can get full information about firmware on nokia site. But before updating firmware you should try to reset the device backup your data.

To reset the device backup, first enter *#7370# and when it will ask for the security code just type 12345 if you have not changed it before. It’s the default security code for Nokia. This may solve the issue.

I think it’s a software fault and not the screen guard and all. Some other users also have faced the same problem before this. The problem came to Nokia n5800 users with v50 and it came to X6 users with v20. You should update the version of your mobile software. This will definitely solve your problem.

I was also using the same phone X6 and was facing the same problem of texting as you have written. My phone was having version 20. Some of my friends advised me to update this version. Then I updated my X6 16gb to version 21 and this solves my problem. You should try it too, I hope this will solve your problem also.

Even after applying all the above solutions to your phone, if your phone is not working properly and your phone is still under warranty period then my suggestion to you is to replace your phone from the supplier from where you have purchased the phone. This will be the nest option for you. Don’t take the risk.

There may be virus in your memory card which is disturbing your mobile software and may be the reason behind all these. So my suggestion to you is to format your memory card completely. If is not getting formatted in your phone then switch off your phone, remove your memory card, and format it in some other mobile phone, reinsert your card in your phone. And