Thread: DROID: Dropped Calls

DROID: Dropped Calls

I have purchased the Droid phone recently. The problem with this is that it drops the call that have been made or received. Nearly 60 to 70 percent of the calls that I am dealing are being dropped. In order to complete a conversation I need to make call multiple numbers of time. I was not having this issue earlier with any other Verizon phone. The issue goes in somewhat this fashion, if I am talking then the other person can not hear me and vice-versa. Then suddenly it get's over as if someone has pressed the end button. Now I am thinking that should I go for the replacement or should I wait for the solution to pop up? Please suggest me guys.

Re: DROID: Dropped Calls

Even my brother is facing the same problem of Dropped Calls. I and my brother both went to the VZW to verify for the Dropped Calls. They told that the calls were not dropped at all as it was seen on there system. There is no such issue that it is happening because of sensitive nature of the touch screen, because I my self have come across this conditions. I never had the issue earlier but this time it is proving to be an headache for me. I have already replaced the piece thinking that the problem was with the phone, but yet the problem persists. Please help.

"Dropped Calls" issue in the Droid is really proving to be a headache for every one. I am not getting it. The network,I think has nothing to do with this problem. In my phone the network shows up to 4-bars, but yet I face the problem of the call getting dropped. I have experimented with it a lot but did not get the reason for this failure. I tried using headphone so that I do not touch the phone mistakenly, but that did not work. I have also tried switching off/on the phone but that is not the solution for sure. I would really appreciate if some one could really help me with this. Thanks.

All of you above, I would like to discuss something regarding the network that may be playing the role of spoiler. After having a good look, you will come to know, that the strength of the signal that you are seeing is not for the voice but for the data. The scenario is something like this, whenever a call is placed the phone drops to 2G, and the bars that you see reports the 2G voice signal. Depending on the locality from where you are accessing, Verizon may add 3G infrastructures but not as much as 2G voice. This could be the possible reason for the bad sound quality, and as Verizon does not use 3G for voice you get dropped calls.

Here, I and my friend have got something on this issue. There's a sensor on the phone that tells the phone that whether it is near the face of the user or not? When my friend tried holding the phone near his face the screen goes black. I do not know what may be the possible reason for that. Now when I hold the phone near my face the screen goes on and off. Now if I hit the keypad it directs me to the screen that allows me to dial the number. It also takes you away from the current call resulting into dropped calls. Going for more research and if found something I will for sure let you all know.