Thread: Incredible powering off on its own?

Incredible powering off on its own?

I have had the Incredible since it is first week of launch of this product . Until now , it has been going very well. About a week before, the phone has been turning on itself off and booting up so many times a day. It is not issue of the low battery problem . It never getting generated at the same time and in some cases, while I am running in the middle of working with the same . Has someone suffered with the same ? What was the resolution for this ?

Re: Incredible powering off on its own?

I am running with the same problem and It only getting reboot when I am in an area with poor reception. The Incredible will turn off about 3 to 4 times a day there. While I am at home, an area which has great reception, it never move to turn off . Last week I moved to rafting and was in an area with worst reception and it turned off two times. I am just considering , in my case, it has to do with the reception.

Hey guys ! The same thing is going on with me also and as well as the same background with the issue . When i am in area's with worst reception the phone moved to reboot. It got restarted near about four times on the way home from work day before yesterday. Now, when I am home or at work, it never moved to get reboot. I have tried to go through the factory reset operation and used *228 options 2 then 1 but there is no success at all. Verizon is sending me another one to try this out...

The same problem with mine has been resolved after two different things generated :1) I have finished the updation of the same when I get the notice regarding this for the update procedure (because they don't go for the updation of the software on the newly released phones, the customer have do that) and 2) I have done the uninstallation of the fxcamera. I have not had this shutdown since.

I am running with the real strange issue with my HTC Touch. The phone automatically switchs off itself while in my pocket. To do an operation, i have recharged the battery of the phone properly with 100% and inserted the sane on a table for one and half day, it moved very well. There is no turn offs occurred during that moment . But after that I moved and took this with me in my pocket, when I took it out after 40 mins or so it was in the off mode. Anyone has any suggestion, what's going on with this ?

According to me, the next thing ZI would look at the Task Manager and try to fin out what is getting executed within the background before you stick the same in your pocket. There mostly is something going on that is occurring the same .

You could try performing a soft reconfiguration and then putting the same within your pocket. According to me if you perform that, every time you move to go for that and it it will always open ... if that is the case, it is something going on.

It is not possible that the components are running into the background, because from the Task manager,I have configured an option with the end a program by using "x". so if I am working upon something and it terminates running the moment I use the "x" to close this down.

what is about the soft reset in this case ? and how do I do the same ?..will it undo my entire personalized components and come up with this back to the factory configurations ? Actually, I am a new guy for the Touch, so i don't have much more knowledge about the same.