Thread: Incredible Micro SD Card Class

Incredible Micro SD Card Class

There assumes to be a great deal regarding the confusion about the defined CLASS for the Micro SD card to purchase for the my recent Incredible. Class ywo specified as cheapest, class 4 about 50% more and 6 more seem so expensive right now and I am also getting confused regardrding this behavior.

Do I require quicker than class two for everyday use and does in case to purchase a class 6 instead of that ?

Re: Incredible Micro SD Card Class

I have purchased a class 10 16GB capable memory card... I have nothing to compare the same with my current phone, but also don't figure out any lag in SD usage...(I am running with 8GB of music stored into the same place and plays just very well) , card doesn't seems cheap ...

I don't have any information regarding any correlation to class or size impacting battery life. I thought that there could be some plus/minus related with quicker classes in comparison with the slower ones or for that matter going for 10GB of data onto the card vs 2GB where the larger amount would consume longer... When I am going through the procedure of uploading , I am always connected in and at the time of use on batt.

The Class 2 SD card will perform the entire thing which you need to go for on a smartphone with single possible exception - HD video. For common file transfers, playing music,common video etc. the Class 2 is more than appropriate. Class 6 will specifically be feasible in your device, but it is more than you require. As in the above post states , go ahead for more storage and Class 2. The proper bang for your buck .

The capacity and speed associated with the SD will have very small effect onto the battery life. There is a battery comsumption "overhead" by running with the SD card in the continuous manner and also available, but it is very small. If you have pulled out your SD card from the phone then regarding the theoretical concept, the battery will last a little longer, but not appropriate for the notice. From the battery use perspective an SD card is an SD card, irrespective of the size specified and speed.