Thread: Random Reboots on the Incredible

Random Reboots on the Incredible

I got my Incredible yesterday. I have charged the device in proper manner before going to run the setup. The device restarted as this should at the time of setup, but the same time, it got rebooted two times immediately.I thought that it can be the co-incident. But after that the device rebooted 7 more times in the same way as it was doing before . Any insight what's going wrong with this and how to come out from this problem .

Re: Random Reboots on the Incredible

There is not any insight here, but I also got my phone on Tuesday as a gift and recently noticed that one spontaneous rebooting when the phone was running onto the rest off and getting charge here at my desk. It peaked my interest when I recently got rid of my Blackberry Storm 1 for the very similar causes .

After I purchased the phone, I have started the charging of the same in the car and then after near about ten minutes, it was getting rebooted in the random manner and seems s weired , I am not getting why,it is going on like this . Once I disconnected the car charger then i found that it got stopped the rebooting and has not rebooted since. The car charger is an off brand charger which worked properly with the Moto Droid. When i touched that ,it was also very hot but the fuse had not blinking within this. Hopefully this helps little bit for you .

I have tried to find the same but without luck, but I am sure because I got some post on this yesterday. After getting the device, configuring up the Exchange the phone perform a random rebooting operation . Then later in the day I had 6 more and two more over night. Commonly, it seems a big problem. Anybody got such type of issue before.. Please help me ..

I am in NYC area,running with one random restart operation after 24 hours of having the phone running and since then, there is no more. I had performed the installation of Swype beta and had a hunch , it was that so I have done the uninstallation of the same and so far there is no other issues . Might still happen but it is definitely not as quick as users are reporting right now .

After the restart event occurred , I moved for dialing *228 and then after 2 for a PRL update. My restart happened while in an elevator (there is no signal) but since the PRL update and uninstallation of Swype . I no longer running with this problem yet.

It is the Network related problem (Made sure by myself via the VZW Tech Support Coordinator). It is going feasible on and should be fixed within 24 hours. I would also suggest you to issue the *228 Option 2, this looks to have helped some members, but I make sure that you need to do the same outside of the affected (Triad) area. I am leaving it soon and going back to Burlington area, I would suggest if the problem continues after a update.

I found a random restarts when at home, but when I moved to work, I don't received the problems at all. I am running with the capacity of 8GB card from my storm in it, so I don't think that is the issue .

I do live in a "fringe" coverage area so my phone is constantly searching for the service to be active . The tower switching issue seems valid, but I heard of reboot while continuing with the wifi connection only, so it may be a software related issues and it seems all we can perform is just to wait.