Thread: My Nokia 5800 memory card not getting detected

My Nokia 5800 memory card not getting detected

I recently bought a Nokia mobile phone having model number Nokia 5800 as it is a multimedia handset so I inserted a memory card in it with some songs, videos,games and wallpapers.But my phone is not detecting the memory card.I'm not getting the problem . Please anybody tell me the way how to come out of this problem?

Re: My Nokia 5800 memory card not getting detected

I think there is a problem with your memory card you can sort out this problem by using a card reader. Insert the memory card in the card reader and see if you can open it and watch out the problem it is with your memory card or with the mobile phone. If the problem is with your memory card than you have to format your memory card.and after formatting it insert in the handset and see it is detected or not.Try this I'm sure it will work.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

To sort out this problem with your mobile phone you have to reset your mobile which functions to default factory setting or use a USB card reader to detect your card on the computer. If you fail to do this than there might be problem with the hardware of your handset.To come out with this problem you have to go to the mobile repairing center.

I think there might be a problem with your mobile phone or with your memory card.Use your memory card in another phone or insert a working memory card in your handset if that memory card is working than the problem is in your memory card otherwise there is a fault in the mobile phone.If the memory card is corrupted than buy a new one I'll suggest u to go with the kingstone, or transcend. if you have a problem with mobile phone than go to the Nokia care.

If your Nokia handset is not detecting the memory card than obviously there is a problem with your memory card go and buy a new one of a branded company like kingston ,transcend or sandisk.Before go for a new one just format this memory card it might be having problem of virus in it.In many cases mobile do not detect the memory card due to virus after formatting, if your card is not detected by the mobile than try a new memory card .If the new one is too not detected then there might be the problem with your memory card slot in the mobile for this just go the Nokia care they will definitely sort out your problem.

Actually the issue was with my memory card it was corrupted and not functions properly after formatting it when i have inserted it into the mobile then too it was not detected that means it was corrupted. Than i bought a new one and now I am enjoying the music ,video,and other stuffs on my mobile. Thanks to all of you for helping me to sort out this problem.