Thread: HTC Evo charging port

HTC Evo charging port

Hello,
    I have recently purchased an HTV Evo, the mobile phone is pretty good but it has a very big problem of it charging port. When I connect the phone with the charger, it some times if automatically disconnected and the phone is not charged at all. I do not know if this is a software problem. If any one else facing the same issue or has an solution for this then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: HTC Evo charging port

The HTC EVO 4G is to worries? Maybe, if we are to Believe the gadget site (Among Others) Who Received Obviously a plethora of testimonials from usersEVO 4G, Who's IS motivated by issues revolving around Engagements ITS micro USB port. Basically , Some Have Their copies of the mobile harbor "let go" from time to time "during the charging phase. For the moment, HAVING gone plaintive Sprint has to carry the Problem Have Been Mostly year Opportunity to Exchange Their Mobile. I have only this information with me.

The EVO 4G has another potential defect that seems to be affecting a notable (though probably still very, very small) number of devices: problems with the micro-USB port, an issue that bit Nokia not long ago on the N900. The main symptom here seems to be that the phone will no longer charge or charges intermittently and considering that your phone amounts to little more than a paperweight if it's not properly juiced, we'd say it's a big issue for affected folks.

I agree with the above post and would like to add some more information, people returning their devices to Sprint have apparently have mixed luck getting reps to agree that the phone should be replaced, but for what it's worth, we've just heard back from an HTC spokesperson who -- in addition to emphasizing that the number of affected units seems to be small -- says that the problem will be covered under the one-year warranty as long as "it is determined that the issue was not caused by customer misuse."

The HTC EVO 4G has its own set of problems, and now reports indicate that users have trouble to load the device via the microUSB port. According to the complaints, the device will not load or it loads intermittently when you plug the microUSB port. People who bought their equipment at Sprint have apparently been able to get it replaced. A spokesman for HTC responded to this problem, stating that the amount of affected units is small, and the problem will be covered under warranty as it is not caused by misuse of the client.