Thread: How to Lock a folder in Pendrive

How to Lock a folder in Pendrive

I am using Windows 7. I have a HP pen drive. I have many folders in my pen drive. I want to lock any or some particular folder which is in my pen drive.The folder remain lock not only for my system but also any other machine the folder should be in lock if i want to access that pen drive. It is only for security reason. Is there any possibility for this ?. If there is any technique , I need help.

Re: How to Lock a folder in Pendrive

There is a technique which is useful. You have a folder in pen drive. Create a new notepad file with the exact statement and save it as a bat file.Create another notepad file and type same thing which had written in previous notepad file. Save it as a bat file. Double click on first bat file and your folder will change into Control Panel and the contents inside the folder will not be obtainable simply. To open the folder double click on the second bat file and you get back your original folder. If you want, keep the second bat file at some other place. Whenever you need to access that folder just copy and paste the file at the previous location and double click.

There is a solution for this problem. Lock Folder XP is a new security tool that provide the facility that you lock your files, folders and drives with your personal password. Now nobody but you can access your most sensitive information. By Locking folders, files and drives you will protected from malicious programs, such as viruses, worms and. Free download of Lock Folder XP 3.7. Its size is 1.53 Mb. this is more helpful for locking the folder in pen drive.

There are so many software available on the net. Use anyone of them and lock the folder in the pen drive. the software are:
    1. Gili File Lock 3.2.5.2.
    2. Gili File Lock Pro 4.1
    3. GiliSoft File Lock 3.4.6.
    4. Minos Lock 1.6.7
    5. Gili Exe Lock 1.5.4
    6. Lock Files & Folders 2003 1.4.
    By using these software you should protect your pen drive's folders.

For this use the USB Secure Software. It helps you to password protect USB drive, thumb drive, memory stick, pen drive, jump drive, flash drive and external hard drive. You can easily lock USB drives with USB Secure and can also password protect memory sticks. Another great feature of USB Secure is that it doesn’t require any Administrator rights to run. To unprotect your secure USB drive, click 'Unprotect' and enter correct password to access your data again.

If you want that no anyone could access any folder from your pen drive then use the security lock. This will be more helpful. There are more encryption key are available on the internet. If you want you can use this technique also. Use ‘ax-crypt’. it encrypts data with a password. So your data remain secure. Whenever you want to decrypt it, use the same password.

There are some software which is available on the net. By using those you can protect the folder.
    The software are:
    Security Folder 2.0.
    It is useful for hide and protect your important files, folders and entire drives.
    Folder Security 2.5.0
    This software protects your folders on internal, external, and removable drives.
    File Securer software v3.42
    Info Lock 2.3
    It is use for drive/folder locking, symmetric/asymmetric (upto 1280 bit) file encryption, file splitting, file packaging, drive/folder/file .
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Pen drives travel between several computers so the only way to secure data on a pen drive is to install a third-party software program on the pen drive, not your computer. Some pen drives come with such programs, others do not. My portable hard drive had no built-in protection, so I installed it with Folder Password Expert USB. I find it pretty good. Download the trial and install it on your pen drive. The program is not free (costs about $40). The trial is free and you can get it from

As you are using Win 7, you can use BitLocker to password protect your pendrive, it's totally free. But it protects the entire drive.

If you just want to password protect specific folders in the pendrive, you can use 3rd party software, such as 7 zip, Winrar or Kakasoft Folder Protector to do this.