Thread: HTC Evo Video Playback Choppy

HTC Evo Video Playback Choppy

My HTC Evo was working very well till I have done the update 2.2 for my HTC Evo. The problem is that when I am recording the video in 720p and then trying to watch that video, the video is getting realy choppy and also pixilated. I have tried this thing with my two different HTC Evo and both of them giving me the same result. Any idea what is happening, one more thing I have not seen this issue when I was running with 2.1.

Re: HTC Evo Video Playback Choppy

Before giving you any solution I need to know answer this simple question that is are you recording through QIK or you are just utilizing the recorder. I am asking this because I have noticed that a twenty five second clip recording through the camcorder uses more than eleven mega byte and you are also allowed to use flash light for that but on QIK the same time of clip will not acquire more than two megabyte but you are not allowed to use flash light for that.

I am also facing the similar issue and that also after I have updated to 2.2. Not only the video is giving the problem but the sound also crappy. I wish I can go back to update of 2.1. Is there any way to go back to the previous update or something similar to system restore without losing my other information on my HTC Evo. Any idea related to this problem.

I am just hoping that HTC or Google will solve this problem as soon as possible, because previously I was not having any such problem to be more precise the problem started after updating to 2.2. Not only the problem with the video and audio quality, I am also missing some of the wallpapers that I was having and now I am not having any where to look for that.

It is true that after doing the 2.1 update for HTC the phone was working very well and battery was lasting for more than twenty four hours. But after I have updated the phone to 2.2 the phone is not working well and the battery life is almost reduced to half. One more thing some warmth is coming out from battery. Any how I just need to solution for the problem I am facing.

HTC guys surely need to provide the perfect evaluation for the problem that I am facing. Battery doors are not fitting right, screens that is going dead or peeling away. The thing is most annoying me is the 720p video recording improvement that touted in the upgrade notes. Is there any solution for the problem that I am facing, because if there so then let me know about that?

I think that this problem is related to the available memory space, because I have observed that the longer recording are mostly getting choppy. I am sure about this thing because the shorter videos are not giving any such problem. Shorter videos are running ok on my HTC Evo. One more thing if I am playing the video on my computer system then they are working fine, the problem only arise at the time of playing on HTC Evo.

My movies, recorded videos played fine on 2.1 from a 16 GB Class 2 card (used CrystalDiskMark to benchmark and ensured sufficient speed). Now it is choppy with 2.2. Tested on wife's and bro's Samsung Epic, HTC Evo and Droid Incredible. Google, you must release a fix for FroYo soon. My Evo's selling point is its ability to play 800x480 and 720p videos and it can't even do that. I'm so freakin pissed off.

Yes, it is an update problem, but after much reasearch I found out that it seems to be a connection to available memory. The more free memory, the longer the recordings play before getting choppy. I thought the update was flawless. But the extremely choppy playback on EVO-recorded videos since the upgrade sucks. Hopefully they will fix it soon.