Thread: Dial pad display information of Nokia 5800

Dial pad display information of Nokia 5800

I own a Nokia 5800 mobile phone and I need some information regarding the symbols that are displayed on the dial pad while adding contacts. I do not know but when I add a new contact I can see some symbols that is "+", "*", "#", "p", and "w". I do not know what is it actually and what is the mean for the same. Please guide me out for the thing.

Re: Dial pad display information of Nokia 5800

You can get the information regarding the symbols well in the manual of the phone that you may have got. It has all the information regrading the phone and the dial pad as well. Go through the same and get it worked as needed. It will be beter for you and can get to a desired solution that you are looking for. So make the necessary change that is needed. I hope it will help.

For your information I wil let you know about the meaning for the symbols. They are given as follows:

+ : It indicates for a prefix for international dialing. It is basically added before an international number for calling purpose

* : This key is meant for selection or option which is often used for recharging the sim or if you need to select some option while calling to Customer Care executive

# : Same as Above for (*)

p : This means Pause. It is actually like dialing a number that is 123p4 which means when you dial 123 keep a pause and then further dial 4 as assisted

w: This is basically Wait. It may conclude to wait before or after a dialing a number.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Basically the keys p and w is meant to unlock code from network for your phone. This will be better for you. So do check out and then get to a better solution for the same. I hope it will be better for you to get the things that is needed. It will then let you to get to a better conclusion and process as needed. This will then make the desired change to be functioned as needed.

As Tomaz mentioned the special keys or characters that is been posted is mentioned as needed. So you can get the desired information for the same and make it work well which is useful for you. So check it out and process for the thing. It will be better. I hope the information is quite proper and you can make it use of the same in a better way.