Thread: N97 Phone Memory - FULL

N97 Phone Memory - FULL

I have a problem in my nokia phone memory. Actually currently i am using Nokia n97. It's phone memory is around 64mb. I checked all my data it is hardly of 25mb but it is showing that "Your phone memory is full." I have tried to remove some text and messages but after reaching 25mb it shows again that phone memory is full. So for this what should i do?
    Last edited by Virtuous; 24-08-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Re: N97 Phone Memory - FULL

Previously I had exactly the same problem. But I got a solution. I was also able to use only 28mb but after clearing the web cache I was able to gain 2mb more free space. After that I copy all the contacts in E drive. And then I updated my phone by firmware. So after doing all that somehow I was able to recover around 22mb of phone memory. You can try it on your nokia n97 I think it will definitely work. I think it is happen only because of older nokia software. You can update it and see the result.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If your phone memory is showing full even though there is lots of space then do one thing. You can uninstall unwanted application form drive c. And remember when you install any application in your mobile make sure that you install it in E drive so from this your mobile phone never get slow. Remove all the messages from c drive and store it in drive E. You will just go to Messaging then go to option then in setting after that there is option Other memory in use set E drive there. I think it will fix your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

In this case i tell you one thing. Whenever you have visited any of site through your mobile so that site url (Uniform resource locator) get stored in the phone memory not in the mass memory. So because of that only without your knowledge your phone memory get filled by all these data. So you just clear your web cache So some amount of memory you will definitely recovered. And one thing more, update your phone software also. Sometimes it is happen because of older version of software.

Earlier same problem was happening with me. My phone memory was also showing full only when it's memory reaching till 24mb. I have deleted all my messages. And you will wonder to know that previously total memory of messages showing around 700kb but after deleting all the messages i got around 7mb of free space. And after that clear your web cache through browser>Option>Clear Privacy>Data>Cache. Some more memory you will able to get.

For this you can try to reset your phone memory and after that I think all your problem will get solved. For this you have to do that keep a back up for all your contacts and then press these buttons on your phone *#7370#. It will ask for a password simply type default password that is 12345, then phone will automatically reset and whatever data is there on Mass memory it won't get affected. It will clear all the data on c drive. Then whatever application you want to install, install it on mass memory. So in future it will help you a lot.

Whatever the application you don't use disable it. It will reduce your phone memory load. I will tell some thing through which you can manage your c memory in a better way. First you clear your web cache and try do repeat it after 2 to 3 days. Then set your message allocation by going in Messaging>Option>Setting>set 999 in e memory. And in last uninstall your Facebook, Wheather, Bloomberg application from c drive and install it back in to Mass memory. Because it will reduce load from phone memory.