Thread: Evo rebooted while using two apps...

Evo rebooted while using two apps...

Evo got rebooted when with the help of Sprint Navigation and phone call ringed in and I replied the same ... Has someone had similar issues of using more than single application and within some seconds of answering the call the device got reboots again in the same manner. I have been able to regenerate the problem more than once. Definetly a conflict during working with the Sprint Navigation and getting a call.

Re: Evo rebooted while using two apps...

Yeah ,I am not sure that it is actually any type of bug or what ! Actually, also got four reboots every time while running onto a phone conversation. Once while communicating to the Sprint technical support ! What glorious timing!

I have finished a soft-reboot (battery out) and still the same issue at the same place, what could be the reason, I am not sure . I thought, in each case I was performing navigation while communicating with the phone. Don't have any idea, if it is coincidence or what .

This bluetooth restarting operation getting happened with the Google Maps navigation, Sprint Navigation and currently the situation is that if I have occupied any system which is working upon the bluetooth access in the car, when I switched the car off, my phone moved to reboot . I used to be able to switch the bluetooth off prior to turning off my car and transfer the call to the phones speaker but when the car moves off, the phone restarts. This is really agrivating.

My reboots process getting generated w/o bluetooth being implemented. According to me, the issue is clearly related to the power. I currently almost always have the phone powered when working with the navigation and have not suffered with any reboots since performing so. The other user who is getting the problems of reboots when he turns the car off, mostly has his device powered as well, and switching off the car stops charging the phone and the battery is just not so beefy appropriate to manage nav + bluetooth + phone calls.

Hi guys ! I am in the same boat and looking for the solution ...It is ;looking so weird, had my Evo for a couple of days now and all of thing going in proper way for the first day but currently when I launched specific application as google maps for pandora my Evo will reboot. It does not happen all the time but will eventually moved to be after an hour or two of usage. I have purchased a case for my phone, maybe it is causing the problem for this ?

I have had the same thing happen on my hero. It is just wiping up the memory. Are you going with the autokiller ? It launched onto my hero when workihng with the autokiller. It is not a heat related problem, the led will flash red and green when the phone moves to hot.

Also, I have tried to go ahead with the advanced task killer but I don't consider that it is configured to autokill application . A hard reset has seemed to resolve this problem for now, how do I make sure that it does not happen further?

Dr. V Guest

It might be helpful for you to check your pre-configured in the autokiller and configure to moderate or optimum but few of the applications consumes more memory than others. So you might get into the consideration again and again . I still work with the autokiller configured with the extreme and would only get that once every week or two on the hero. You could just perform the uninstallation of the same and if it bugs you or to see if it stops.