Thread: Syncing with MS Outlook

Syncing with MS Outlook

I was using Windows Mobile form my School days but now I am thinking of getting a new Aria. I have used Windows mobile since last 3 years because of its simplicity of sync with my desktop Outlook and that is still a priority. I am waiting for MS to get a new OS and a good phone, so I am looking forward to Aria. I think HTC has a sync program for outlook, but it sync only calendar and contacts. I want to be able to download my email in a way so that it should be easy to carry it on my desktop with the sync features. There must be a simple procedures for these that I don’t known.I want to buy the phone so please help me with the reply.

Re: Syncing with MS Outlook

HTC don’t provide a feature to get your email through Microsoft Outlook sync. You have to pull your email directly from the sane email server that MS Outlook pulls it from. The most important thing at this point to remember is that you leave a copy of the email on the same server; otherwise it will be a problem for you. Because when you read it on your device and delete it, it will be automatically will be deleted from the server. The major problem with HTC from my side is that it doesn’t sync Notes and Tasks, and my major work is on them only.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The major problem with a newer HTC phone is that it cannot be configured through MS Outlook or through Exchange email on the device. This happens because; Google Gmail is not able to Exchange email at this point of time. You will have to remove the accounts and accounts settings from your HTC device. When you removed it and do the device Soft Reset, You will need to set up the Google account using the concept of personal email setup instructions provided by the device. As per your other problem of Tasks and Contacts it is still difficult to sync it with the device and the desktop .Google said in an article that it will sync with other Google application but at these point of time it looks like a bit difficult.

In HTC devices there is an option of synchronization in the both direction that is bi-directional. You can sync in both the way, you have to create an event on the phone under the “Exchange" option. After that you will see the first option on the screen when creating an event is “Calendar”.This is where you have to change. The HTC Works very well with Calendars and Contents of Google, but it seems a problem with the Tasks and Notes in sync. If you are using the HTC Sync software and cable, I would recommend you to do the setting by the option of “PC Sync”, actually I only used Exchange but my friend told me that it works.

In The current time HTC device provide a current version of the device that is called as Sync option, the device has three options as 1) PC overwrites Phones, 2) Phone overwrites PC, and 3) Newest overwrites Previous. The first two options overwrite from phone to the PC and the vice-versa. The third option that is the “Newest”, if you made a new entry or update any items on your phone should be added to or updated on your PC and vice-versa. The problem of outlook sync with the HTC is solved by the device to a larger extend but the problem of the Tasks and Contacts seems to be a trick to the device. HTC is providing Android Phones the, but the sync software has not being updated.

The problem of sync with the MS outlook can be solved as we can pull these email directly from the same e-mail server that MS Outlook uses to pulls it from. Just make sure that you set it up to leave a copy of the e-mail on the server, otherwise, when you will read it on your HTC device, and when you delete it, it will be deleted from the server and will never be available on your PC for further references. There is a website that provides a huge amount of information about HTC that is www.syncdroid.net has information on the Software such as, what it syncs notes, tasks, calendar, contacts, email, whether you are using wireless or USB, the price. It even has a good overview of every software application title.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

The basic problem with HTC sync is that it does not sync the e-mail directly these can be solved when you directly pull email from the same server from where email server pulls it .There is a website called www.syncdroid.net which provides a great amount of sync information for the HTC device. It provides information on email,contacts,calendar,notes,tasks. As per your other problem of Tasks and Contacts it is still difficult to sync it with the device and the desktop .Google said in an article that it will sync with other Google application but at these point of time it looks like a bit difficult.