Thread: Need Skype for Nokia C5

Need Skype for Nokia C5

I am having an issue with the Nokia C5 in which i am unable to get the Skype. I have used the OVI store to install the Skype but unable to run it properly with the same. All other application installed properly and having no issue with the same but skype does not install only. So if any one is having any idea about the same then please let me know about it. Thank you.

Re: Need Skype for Nokia C5

Are you using any other application which uses the Voice over Internet Protocol in the Nokia C5 device. The device does not allow more then one VOIP application at a time. So if you are running the device with the any other VOIP application them i will advise you to first uninstall the same and then try to install Skype.

I have seen most of the user are going through the same problem of not installing the Skype on the device. To work with issue i will advise you to download directly from the Skype site only and install the same. To download the same you have to check out the link given below. I hope it could work for you.

I think the OVI store might be having the older version of the Skype which might not be supported by the Nokia C5. So i will advise you to install the latest version of the Skype into the device and see whether it is working for you or not. You can download the latest skype from the official site of the Skype.

As i was searching for the issue of yours related to the installation of the Skype on the Nokia C5 i have got the nice post which is having the same description regarding your issue. Just go through the below given link and see whether it is working for you or not. I hope this will resolve your issue.
    Cannot Install Skype or fring on Nokia C5.

If nothing is working for you then i will advise you to go with the Nokia support which might help you and guide you properly with the issue of yours. If your device is under the warranty period then i will advise you to visit the Nokia store and ask for the same. They will replace the device if it is necessary.

I have the same problem (as many others also). Skype will not install on the C5. I have no other VOIP software installed.

I installed skype without a problem on my C5. However I found a thread saying that it is not possible to use more than one VOIP app at a time: http://discussions.nokia-asia.com/t5...ighlight/true#