Thread: Integrated GPS is slow in Nokia C6

Integrated GPS is slow in Nokia C6

I have just bought a new Nokia C6 and i used to roam out of India and i do not want to use a GPS on this mobile phone as it becomes very much expensive when i roam around the world. I do not know that the TimeToFirstFix is working so slow but when it finds the satellite then it updates rapidly.

Re: Integrated GPS is slow in Nokia C6

It takes bit long time to find the signals initially and this behavior is expected from all the wireless devices but once it gets the signals then it does not takes much time perform operations. But still if you feel that it is working slow then you must check the signal bars as it might happen that the area in which your holding your phone may come under weak network area.

It is natural that initially it takes bit more time for the first time to load the maps by using the GPS of your phone but once it gets loaded then you wont be feeling any slow functionality. So i guess there is nothing wrong with your GPS functions but you should always take care that when you try to access the GPS on your phone then you should hold your phone in well network so that it can load quickly.

If you do not want to enable the GPS on your phone then you have to contact to the customer care of your carrier so that it wont be activating automatically on your phone. As you have not mentioned the name of your phone's carrier, I wont be able to tell you that where to call for deactivating the GPS service on your phone. But your carriers customer care executive would be able to do this from there end as well so that you do not have to bother about it.

If your GP works slowly on your phone then in most of the cases it is an issue from your phone's carrier as GPS has been downloaded from their end. If your phone's downloading speed is enough then your GPS service would be faster and if your phone is not getting proper signals then your GPS works slow.