Thread: E71 email problems after upgrading firmware?

E71 email problems after upgrading firmware?

Hey guys, i need some urgent help from you all guys regarding my Nokia E71 Smartphone. Day before yesterday i just upgraded its firmware to the latest one that is 500.21.009. After doing this upgraded, indeed i got some new features but am facing problem now in sending email from my mobile. Am able to receive the messages but not able to send any email message out form this. I don't know whats went wrong. Could you guys help me out to fix it ?

Re: E71 email problems after upgrading firmware?

Was it working fine before doing the upgrade? If yes, than am sure you might have had made some mistake while upgrading the firmware. We can figure out the exact problem but what you can do is do the same software upgrade once more. Don’t worry, there is no side effect or problem updating to the same version again.

When you will connect the device with PC Suite and click on software update, it will ask you that are you sure to perform on the same version, just click yes and repeat the process. I hope the problem will be fixed after this update. Do reply the result.

I don’t agree with you Gonzo. I don’t think there is problem with the Firmware upgrade. Most probably the problem might be with your device itself. It happens many times after upgrading software or when we reset the phone, some problem arises. So in this case the best way to fix this problem is restoring your device to its factory settings.

Make sure to backup your mobile data before doing all this stuffs. To restore the mobile, remove your simcard and SD card and enter the following code : *#7780#

One of my friends had the same problem with his Nokia E63 mobile phone long back. We tried many things but don’t know what exactly fixed the problem. First of all try using or sending email after removing your memory card. Many times, there are some data that get corrupted on your memory card and prevent your phone to perform properly. If you find the phone working properly using without the SD card, than it is the culprit. What you can do is just format the memory card and insert in the device.

The alternative choice is to do a hard reset of your mobile. Whenever I am unable to fix any problem on my mobile after lots of troubleshooting, this is what I use to do. You just need to enter *#7370# code and enter the security code. Remember that once you have had upgraded the firmware, the security code has been changed to the default, i.e 12345. Doing this will rub out all of your mobile data. Check if this method works and you are capable to make use of your mobile as you like/need to.