Thread: Nokia C3 - GPRS stays ON

Nokia C3 - GPRS stays ON

I have bought this Nokia C3 mobile phone just before some days and i guess this mobile has problem with the GPRS as it gets activated on its own.I have set "when needed" for Packet data connectivity and "ask every time" for any application's network connectivity. How GPRS directly gets on my phone ? Is there anybody who have seen any similar kind of issue with the GPRS of C3?

Re: Nokia C3 - GPRS stays ON

I think you should check with your network providing company as they must be knowing if there would be any such setting from there end which might be turning on your GPRS connection on your Nokia C3 mobile phone. First try discussing the same issue with the Customer Care of your network providing company. If there is nay such setting then disable it.

This kind of problem can also come due to the third party application which you may have installed on your mobile phone. It may be the World Clock which might be using an internet connection in order fetch the time of all the countries or there could be some other application. I suggest you to uninstall all the third party application from your phone and then reboot your phone.

I have used the Nokia C3 phone and i have found one reason due to which your phone's GPRS connection gets ON automatically and the problem is that you wont be knowing that which application is doing this as that application does not gets opened. I haev seen this kind of issue on my phone with the Facebook application as there was a setting for access the network at certain times of the day.

First of all you have to go to the Communities and then enter into Settings and then you have to select the check box named as Minimize my data. Which means that the Stop all automatic downloading of text and pictures. When it is disabled, automatic connections might occur. There would be one more option as Automatically update my phone Home screen: and a time interval or never which can be used to add the Communities app to the Home screen.

Go to the Mail and then open Settings where you would be getting an option for When roaming where you can select an option for the Minimize costs or Follow my account settings. Even there would be an option to make your inbox as Fast or Very Fast in the Options->More->Settings->Update my inbox.