Thread: Chat on Nokia C3

Chat on Nokia C3

I have two Nokia C3 mobile with me out of which one is Grey and another one is Golden-White. When i click on the CHAT on Grey phone then i am getting four options as Ovi, Yahoo, MSN, and Talk. Even i am able to enter into Options -> More -> Select services and choose one or more to show on the chat tabs but this is not the case with the Golden-White phone as there is only an Ovi when i click on CHAT. What could be the problem with this phone?

Re: Chat on Nokia C3

The C3 Is The first Nokia Mobile Equipped with a full QWERTY keyboard on the mobile platform Series 40. It is the first in line to offer access to social networks directly from the home screen. Users can view, comment, update their status and even reference and share pictures and videos on their favorite social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. The Nokia Ovi C3 includes Mail and Ovi Chat.

I think you have to update the yahoo and other services from your network provider which might be sending some settings on your phone which might be needed by the your phone's carrier so that you can access the those services from your phone. I suggest you to call to the customer care of your carrier and then ask about the Yahoo, MSN, and Talk.

I suggest you to check the firmware version of both the phone as it could be the cause of this problem. I think you should check that the they both have exactly same software or not. If not then it might happen that there would be some problem due to the firmware itself.
    You have to type *#0000# while in idle to see software version of your phone's firmware.

Even if you woiuld be having the same version of software on both the phones then also this problem can come because of the product codes which would be provided under the battery. I suggest you to check the same on both the phones as Branded phones have different codes from Nokia originals. Still you must confirm about the same from your dealer.

If any application is not working on your phone then i guess you should directly go to the dealer which so that you can confirm the problem with the mobile phone as if there would be any software problem then he would be responsible to solve it or you may ask for phone replacement.

I guess if you are having only option for an OVI account then i suggest you to enter into that account then you should be getting other options for GTalk, MSN and etc etc. So you should first try to use an OVI service once then you should check that other options appears or not. If not then there is really something wrong with your internet service.