Thread: Unable to stream video online with Zune HD

Unable to stream video online with Zune HD

I have been trying to stream videos online with Zune HD but i am not able to stream the videos even though Flash is not required. Is it possible to watch videos on youtube with Zune HD. Please help me i have just purchased the device and i am not very much aware of the functionalities of this device. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to stream video online with Zune HD

It appears as the Zune player requires the native support of the codecs whichever is used by that website on which you are streaming for example if you are streaming on youtube then you will have to install the flash on the device. According to me the Zune's web browser is good and quite usable with some frustration when you know what you get (and what you do not).

If you're interested in HD Zune because you are of the opinion that its Internet Explorer browser-based mobile is better than Safari on the iPhone / iPod touch, let me say at the outset that it is not . Even if Safari is not the most robust mobile browser around, it's always set the bar for ease of use, enjoyment, navigation and finger friendly, responsive, and (in the case of the A8 ARM Cortex-Powered iPhone 3G and third-generation iPod touch) speed that no other browser has so far been able to surpass all levels.

The number of videos I've tried so far, quality seems excellent and stutter-free playback. While I do not use my digital music player for the video very well (I'm more of a music guy). For me, I prefer to use a small computer to watch videos, so I do not have to worry about conversions or video formats. But for those who travel a lot for work, I can see the look of a small device like the Zune HD to keep them entertained on long flights or train. And with the extended life battery of a dedicated PMP for video, it is a good choice than a desktop computer. The HD Zune has a very good quality then compared to a number of devices.

Zune has made its appearance this week and lets you rent movies - with some Microsoft Points High Definition (1080dpi resolution and 5.1) and immediately (streaming). Note that to celebrate the arrival of Zune, Microsoft offers a free viewing from 4 minutes of the movie event "Avatar" will give you the pportunity to test the application and to feast my eyes on. Finally, remember that you can watch your videos with your Xbox Live friends (7 max) with voice chat and avatars on the screen.

Although it has evolved into being able to do much more, playing music is still the core of the HD Zune. Yes, some might say it is moving into the territory of MID or it's just a Portable Media Center with HD production capabilities, but for me the camera is mainly on music. In the most simplified terms, the device is really just an MP3 player with many additional advanced features.

A similar problem exists with the browsability "long lists. Rather than a vertical or horizontal alphabet tape and allowing quick access to letters, an alphabet matrix can be mounted by typing in a symbol or letter in the main list first. I also think it takes a little too touch the screen to return to the root menu, change the EQ, and spend browsing options.