Thread: iPhone Remote passcode

iPhone Remote passcode

while my iphone produces a passcode, iTunes on my MBP (connected to the iPhone) doesn't provide an entry field. What am I missing?

Re: iPhone Remote passcode

The passcode can be configured from Settings > General > Passcode Lock. There is a 4 digit passcode. If you are getting some errors on the same then you might to setup all thing back again. Turn the phone off and the non it and move the slider with e-mail address, phone numbers and Web sites.

Re: iPhone Remote passcode

Sorry, I wasn't clear about the problem. The app on the iPhone called "Remote" controls iTunes on my MBP to play over my Airport Express network. The Remote app produces a passcode number (supposedly) to allow me to add a music library from my MBP to the phone to control.

There doesn't seem to be a field in iTunes (MBP) that allows me to enter the passcode and thus be able the phone to control iTunes on my computer over Airport Express.

When I plug my phone into the computer, iTunes opens for syncing. After syncing is finished, I open Remote on the iPhone where a four-digit number is displayed that I should enter into iTunes on the MBP. Unfortunately, no fields appear on the computer to enter the passcode number.

At one time this worked, but now it doesn't.

Thanks