Thread: Screen goes black/shuts down: Fujitsu Lifebook N5010

Screen goes black/shuts down: Fujitsu Lifebook N5010

I have a big problem with my Fujitsu Lifebook N5010 laptop, the screen of my laptop is very dark, almost black. I have tested everything but I have not found any reason why it would do that. I have no viruses and the video drivers are also installed; the motherboard is OK because the external screen shows display with no problem. So, can anyone tell me why I am not getting any display on my laptop. Thanks for any answers in advance.

Re: Screen goes black/shuts down: Fujitsu Lifebook N5010

Can you try to check the temperature of your laptop? I think that it might be getting overheated due to which you are getting frequent black screen issues and even multiple shut downs. How old is your laptop by the way? If you have used it for more than a year now then most probably due to dust settling inside the laptop, it might be causing major overheating and hence your laptop is shutting down continuously. Try to user either SpeedFan or NHC program to record the temperature and see what temp you are getting.

Can you try to disconnect your laptops power cable and then remove the battery from the laptop and wait for 5 minutes by just keeping the laptop like that. After that press the Power Button for 1 minute and hold onto it. Now try to release the finger and wait for additional 1 more minute just like that. After that connect the power cable but dont insert the battery and press the On button again. Now can you check if your screen starts to work?

Even I agree that if the laptop is suddenly shutting down then it is caused by overheating problem. Most of the computers made now a days have the tedency to shut itself off to prevent damage to the system's expensive components. You need to ensure that all the cooling vents are cleared off. You should not have the laptop resting on blankets or on cloths when you are using your laptop because the soft surfaced can block the vents underneath.

Replace the video cable, had the same prob with another laptop while back. Replaced screen and inverter and still was very dark like the inverter or bulb was out. Replace video cable going to back of screen, worked like a champ.