Thread: Where to buy Alienware M17x Laptop

Where to buy Alienware M17x Laptop

I want to by Alienware M17x laptop. I found this laptop fit for gaming and multimedia. This laptop is not available in my area and for that I am looking for some other solution. What are the featured highlights of this laptop also. Does anyone has this and if yes then what can be the drawbacks for this also. Basically which is a better option to buy this globally. Thanks.

Re: Where to buy Alienware M17x Laptop

Alienware is the powerful new laptop with Geforce GTX Alienware 260/280M and Quad Core. It comes with a HDMI port to give you a nice dual screen output. It is solid and gives you quality thanks to a design based on anodized aluminum. It is very costly and the best option for purchasing this is to go the official site of Dell and then order the same. It will be delivered to your home.

You can easily locate a retail counter of Dell in your nearest mall and buy the same. The other best way is contacting Dell on the toll free number and placing the order of the same. I had just purchased this online and it was delivered to my house in a week. It has a nice 17-inch WUXGA screen which provides a resolution of 1920x1200. The accessories with it are costly.

The M17x has only components Intel and Nvidia. You can choose your quad core from the customize option from the Dell site. The best is the Intel Core Extreme QX9300. Early Alienware offers overclocking to 3.06 GHz and the best is that everything that has a manufacturer's warranty at this level. But for the graphics card you can choose between Nvidia GTX 260M and 280M GTX . The GTX280M is available in SLI crossfire.

My friend got a similar model which has Nvidia 9400M G instead of the GTX 280M for power saving. Not only this technique saves the battery power, but the unit cools too much, which also emits less noise. I want to tell you that this laptop also supports ATI cards such as the Mobility Radeon HD 4850 or HD 4870, but on the same hand crossfire support is not provided.

The screen has a low level of illumination, brightness and contrast are correct. The colors are quite good and the laptop is enough powerful. If you go for Dell site for purchase then you can notice a price difference. But the same varies on other sites. Dell website and Dell retail counters gives you the best customization option for this. I will recommend you to buy the same online.

Through the system AlienFX you can customize the backlight system, each zone could be changed separately. Its power adapter is pretty nice as it is lighter than those of competitors and an LED indicator on taking this lets you know when it is connected. The biggest problem with Alienware was always the case. The design was certainly enough looking but the finish was still imperfect. Might Dell be announcing changes to it.

I've got an alienware m17x....do you live in the US? cuz i might be ready to sell mine, it's brand new, i just got it delivered the other day, it's not "totally" decked out, but i've got a core 2 quad Q9000 @ 2.0ghz, 500 gb HDD 7.2k w/ a FFS, the WUXGA RGB LED, 4gigs DDR3, 1gb nvidia GTX 260m, and the integrated geforce 9400 for stealth mode. bluetooth, slot loading DVD reader/writer, all those goodies.