Thread: Dell Inspiron 9400-Graphics/Startup Black Screen at Boot

Dell Inspiron 9400-Graphics/Startup Black Screen at Boot

I have a desire to start my PC Dell Inspiron 9400, I set up a config 2 years ago. Following a change of the CPU cooler, the computer no longer lights, LED lights of the CM and the fans all turn good, but black screen (no signal), not bios and no noise from HD, and a series of beeps long enough, regular and identical. I unplugged everything and turned to locate the problem, it persists with my bare (without RAM), I even tried a few seconds without the new fan or changing the power supply. Please help.

Re: Dell Inspiron 9400-Graphics/Startup Black Screen at Boot

A cable is loose. Surprising as it may sound, a cable connected incorrectly may prevent your computer from starting. Check them all, both inside the tower and across the screen. It should not be any "game" or may be The screen is defective. Test it on another computer. The graphics card is not inserted or sticking. In this case, it is not uncommon for your Bios (program initializing components at startup) to alert you via sound signals (see "BEEP meaning") the graphics card is concerned. You just have to verify the insertion of the latter: Remove it completely, use it to clean it and put it back. It should not be any "game". If the problem persists, it would be interesting to test your graphics card on another computer to determine with certainty whether it is the source of your trouble.

May be a problem devices or hardware conflicts prevent the computer from starting. Remove all those who are not essential (CD / DVD / floppy disk drive secondary drive, network card ,...) and try to restart again. If know start without these devices, give one at a time to determine the source component of your problems. The processor (CPU) or motherboard is defective. Again, remember to check if the CPU is inserted before replacing it. Note that a rotating fan does NOT mean it is free of any problem. Remove your cooler or watercooling system, clean the thermal paste with solvent nail, and make sure it is not black silicon smelt strongly calcined.

Go to Start and type msconfig in the search field and then confirm. In the System Configuration Utility, select the Start and check the box Do not start the graphical user interface. Then click the button OK. You will be asked to restart your computer. Accept. As at every use of msconfig, the tool is set to Diagnosis and Selective to be sure that the changes made via msconfig is not the cause of instability or problems. We will have to confirm our modification. A tool tip indicating that some startup programs are blocked thus appears in the notification area (next time).

The problem could come from an electrical failure of hard disk or the read head. In my opinion if the screen stays black while it is acknowledged that a hard drive and tried to retrieve information while they are computers. To see if this is the hard drive is dead. Take a drive to one of your friends and place the IDE 0 if it is a PATA or SATA 0 then if it is a SATA.

If the PC seems to work correctly (LED hard drive that works, noise, etc..), It is probably one of the following problems:
    * The cable connecting the monitor and the CPU is not connected (or disconnected), or damaged. Check connections.
    * Your screen is broken or disconnected. Try it on another computer. If the problem persists, we will have to consider replacing it.