Thread: Power Management Passive cooling vs Active cooling

Power Management Passive cooling vs Active cooling

I have recently purchased a new Acer laptop recently. I want to keep my laptop cool. I have heard that there are two types of cooling are Active and passive. I want to what are the active cooling and the passive cooling and also want some tips to keep my laptop cool. Please help me.

Re: Power Management Passive cooling vs Active cooling

You can keep laptop cool with the help of power management which is inbuilt cooling program in the laptop which keeps laptop cool in some extent. Also there are active cooling which is done by the heat sink, cooler, coolant and etc. There are many cooling accessories are available in the market which computer cool in high extent.

Tips to reduce your overheating laptop

Finding

You've noticed that your laptop heats up more than normal? Your laptop starts freezer when you start a recent game or if its processor is used 100% ? You're not alone , I 'm in the same boat as you ...

Monitoring

Generally one quickly realizes that her laptop is too hot , if for example you have set the Biafine after touching the keyboard or the breakdown of your computer in full (or not) , it is a sign

To appreciate more precisely what is wrong and components that heat up too , here are some tools that will allow you to quickly get a diagnosis :

1. HWMonitor allows to know the information inside your system such voltage, temperature of your processor / graphics card and the speed of your fans .
    2. Everest is a complete diagnosis. It can also carry out evaluations of hardware in your computer and provide information on the different components of your PC memory , identification of computer components (CPU , motherboard , BIOS, monitor, graphics card , hard drives, network cards and many others yet) . The application also provides links to manufacturers for each component or driver pc . Performance measurement is done through integrated benchmarks .
    Only downside: it is shareware , a free version still exists for Windows XP here.
    3. SpeedFan to know a lot of information about your system and its components, it can also change the speed of your fans to reduce noise from your computer for example . It is free and works on all Windows 32-bit or 64 bit .

Advice

Overheating laptop is perhaps not so serious and a simple spring cleaning should just fix it all : crafting your laptop and clean the fans are certainly very dirty with dust. Word of advice : Be very careful with the vacuum cleaner because it can be fatal to your computer , preferred the swab or equivalent.

If this is not enough , perhaps you need to try to put the thermal compound at the join CPU fan , your graphics card may be the cause of your overheating , again handled with care .

If these attempts have not changed anything then it 'll just opt for a cooling system that will place under your laptop. There are two types of cooling , active or passive, the first option is a heater that takes care of removing heat and the second is a fan that is responsible for decreasing the heat by blowing air into bronchi of your laptop . In my case I think opt for an active cooling system , there are more or less silent ( preferably aluminum ).

The cause of overheating is mostly due to a hardware problem, but if you doubt it , perhaps you should choose an operating system less dependent on resource: Windows Vista to Windows 7 by example or Linux will do (no I have not said a Linux text mode only )

Conclusion

The radical solution is obviously the purchase of a laptop or referral manufacturer warranty but the solutions presented above may be enough to solve the problem of overheating . If you opt for a solution and it worked , I would be happy to know . Good luck to all !

Basically it explains the different things you can do.
    • Clean the inside by removing any dust that accumulates over time, with air pressure ( I did not cop- Me is not bad ) .
    • There are stations with cooling fans which have raised his laptop . You can read This French test two cooling stations .
    • Underclocker ( to sub -scheme ) its processor. This is not necessarily as simple as people think.
    • Use of arctic silver ( high quality thermal paste ) - not recommended for beginners .

Coolink Lapchilla Notebook Cooler
    Simple Design , Light - Weight, Quiet , Good Ergonomics ! Coolink IS Lapchilla Offering a USB Laptop Cooler , It Has a simple design , IS light -weight, Has A huge 220mm fan and Has the Ability to adjust to a 15 or 32 degree angle. It connects to your laptop easily using a loop- through USB connector.

The Logitech N100 Cooling Pad, designed for laptops with a maximum size of 15.4 inches, refreshed PC . It is used on a flat surface or lap. The cooling station is available until May 19, 2010 with the code D028 - C373- ZEA1B6 to enter in the field provided for that purpose in the basket with any purchase of one of this laptop.