Thread: Samsung Monte GT-S5620 Re-set Exchange Activesync?

question Samsung Monte GT-S5620 Re-set Exchange Activesync?

I have a Samsung Monte and use Exchange Activesync to push my Gmail email account directly to my mobile via Wi-Fi.

Until yesterday, this had been working very well. Unfortunately, my phone ran out of battery and switched itself off. When I managed to charge it up, I tried to access my emails, only to find that all the server settings had been deleted.

I've tried to re-enter them, but the phone then tries to delete the existing email messages (on the phone) and promptly hangs. So I cannot now re-enter the server settings.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Samsung Monte GT-S5620 Re-set Exchange Activesync?

The issue looks like some application in your phone is trying to access to server settings. You might need to run factory settings to fix the issue back. I think this can be a virus issue also. Try reset your phone and before just take a backup of your contacts and mail. If the phone hangs then there is no way to fix it rather running Factory settings. If the phone is getting hand while connected to the PC then try to update the drivers .

I am also using Samsung Chat C3222 mobile phone and to get the Exchange Activesync working I went in the phones Internet Options and then Profiles > Selected Airtel GPRS. After that I went to Comms > Microsoft Exchange Active Sync > Filled all the details and then clicked on Next. Now Exchange Activesync started working properly in my mobile phone.

When you are at your Home Screen in your phone then touch on Email and then go to Email address field and insert the Exchange email address. Then touch the Password field and then enter the Exchange Account Password. Now tap on Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync > tap Domain/username field and enter the Exchange domain and usernam. After that verify the Exchange domain and username. Check the Exchange Server information if it is proper and finish it and then click Next and follow the screen.