Thread: Windows 7: Sony Vaio VGN-AR51SU Motion Eye drivers

Windows 7: Sony Vaio VGN-AR51SU Motion Eye drivers

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR51SU with Windows 7. This laptop has an inbuilt motion eye camera. The problem is it has stopped working recently. The image capture utility has stopped completely and I am unable to detect another person's face with whom I am communicating. After a lot of R & D, I came to the conclusion that I have to install the drivers but I didn't find anywhere. Could you help me in finding the proper download link for the same?

Re: Windows 7: Sony Vaio VGN-AR51SU Motion Eye drivers

Did you checked with Sony for appropriate drivers? You will find the Motion Eye driver on their site. You will not find any help from Microsoft because they don't provide any drivers or utility software for third party hardware. However you can give a try to Windows Vista driver but I am unsure if it will work. If it isn't then you will have to wait for Sony to release Windows 7 compatible drivers.

Do you have the Vista compatible driver for your Sony Vaio VGN-AR51SU laptop? If not then download it. If you have it installed then uninstall the driver from the Device Manager. Go to Start, type "Device Manager" in the search box and press Enter. Navigate to the appropriate device related to this camera, right-click on it and select Properties. Go to the Driver tab, and select Uninstall. If prompted for confirmation then click Yes. Now reinstall it from the manufacture’s website.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Did your laptop came with the appropriate driver CD? Generally, manufacturer's provide some driver CD for their products. If you have one then try to uninstall the current drivers and reinstall the from the cd. If not then contact Sony for the correct drivers supporting your operating system. You may even consult with the support team if you have any doubts or unable to install it.

The Motion Eye camera is a Sony product. If they don't provide any driver for Windows 7 computer then there is no other solution to this problem. If you can wait then its well and good otherwise either you can install a compatible operating system or buy a new camera which is supportive to Windows 7. BTW was the laptop came preinstalled with Windows 7 or did you upgraded it? Because I have seen some person who had the same problem and the Sony support team simply refused to provide any help since the person has just installed another variant of the same operating system, migrated from Windows Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate.