Thread: Unable to upgrade Zune software

Unable to upgrade Zune software

Want to upgrade my software but since i am doing this for the first time i would like to know whether the zune application will run perfectly. what are the new feature that will be available with these new upgrade. Also tell me whether the earlier bugs with the software applications are fixed with the new upgrade. Gide me in this regard.

Re: Unable to upgrade Zune software

The latest version of the Zune software for Windows adds a feature almost as desired by videophiles of this world, support for AVI, DivX and Xvid. I say almost, because the Zune software now indexes the file type in your bookstore. Unfortunately, the Zune HD does not read yet, it absolutely must be transcoded using the Zune software before you synchronize. But there are rumors that say the complete support of these codecs will be added in the spring! In addition, the software seems much faster than before. The Zune will have an up-to-day of their firmware soon, either version 3.5. No official list of changes is available yet, but it should not delay.

HD Zune owners will be pleased to learn that Microsoft should offer a new firmware for its PMP by spring. In fact, this update should bring native support for DivX, codec MPEG-4 Part 2 ASP allows you to read files on both your PMP but also on your TV using the AV dock. Besides that, it seems that the playlists will be directly available SmartDJ the ZuneHD, not only on your PC.

This update is Launched to compete with the iPod's archenemy, the Microsoft Zune benefits from a third update in firmware. This updated version 1.3 that we had announced this , fixes a bug related to download content from the Zune Marketplace platform.

Various other minor optimizations are the order of the day:
    • Detection of Zune is faster,
    • Synchronize the device with the computer is better,
    • The FM tuner works differently in standby mode.

Microsoft has indeed a firmware update for its Zune HD, with many improvements to the menu. This firmware version 4.5 brings to the Zune portable media player features HD size, namely:
    • Support of MPEG-4 part 2 Advanced Simple Profile (avi and xvid)
    • the Smart DJ Mix (equivalent to the iPod Genius)
    • personalized recommendations
    • access to the Marketplace using the TV output

To install the new firmware 4.5, just connect the Zune HD from Microsoft to your computer and launch the Zune software Software. For now you can watch movies or xvid avi directly without re-encoding.

Zune 4.0 brings the main novelties. Quickplay, a feature that allows quick access to all content that the user prefers. On any file referenced in the Zune, right click can add to this category. Quickplay is the default home screen of the software. SmartDJ is a function similar to Genius in iTunes: starting a song, album or artist, SmartDJ can generate a list of consistent read.