Thread: How to Troubleshoot Bluetooth devices

How to Troubleshoot Bluetooth devices

I have an HP laptop with Bluetooth feature. It was working properly from a very long time. But now it is showing me some problems. I am unable to detect my Bluetooth devices like mouse, headphone etc and I don't understand why is it so. I don't think this is related to software part, it should definitely be of hardware problem. How should I go about troubleshooting my bluetooth devices?

Re: How to Troubleshoot Bluetooth devices

Try the below basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure that your Bluetooth device batteries are charged enough to power up device.
    2. Connect your Bluetooth device transceiver on a different USB port of your computer.
    3. Do you have a lot of Bluetooth devices connected to your computer? Remove some of them and see if this works. It may conflict with your currently working device.
    4. Make sure that the Bluetooth device that you are troubleshooting is powered on and enabled.

If it was working initially but not now then that certainly be due to the bluetooth service has been disabled. For this, go to Start, Run and type "bthprops.cpl" and press Enter. On the Options tab, select "Turn discovery on", select "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer" and then click Apply.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The most common problems with bluetooth devices includes:

• "Devices cannot be found": Generally occurs if the Bluetooth feature is turned off or the other device is in hidden mode.
    • "Pairing unsuccessful": This kind of message occurs if you have entered wrong passcode when the device is trying to pair each of the devices.
    • Others: There are still some reasons why your bluetooth may not work. The answer could be either of the device is do not support the functionality itself.

Are you sure your bluetooth device is supported by your operating system? Also try to visit the manufacturer’s web site to download the latest version of drivers. Also refer the site if you find something interesting about your device. Are you able to see the Bluetooth device listed in the Bluetooth Devices Browser on the Control Panel. If everything is proper then probably your computer is not up to date and need to install the latest service pack/update.