Thread: Disk Management not understanding multiple partitions on removable devices [CONFIRMED BUG]

Disk Management not understanding multiple partitions on removable devices [CONFIRMED BUG]

I got a 160GB SSD drive with me which I am using on Windows 7. I had connected and it worked well detected fast and easy. Now what happens in my system is that I am trying to create some partition with Disk Management. But the same is not working. Whenever I connect I saw only a single partition. This has created doubt in my mind that whether it will better to use a internal hard drive in my system.

Re: Disk Management not understanding multiple partitions on removable devices [CONFIRMED BUG]

It might be due to improper partitioning in your system. It is recommended that you must choose either Fast32 or NTFS format to create a partition instead of leaving that on raw. When you format the drive with Disk Management then it gives you indication message for choosing up the format you want to use. At that time assign a drive letter and then format it. The same simply works well.

Re: Disk Management not understanding multiple partitions on removable devices [CONFIRMED BUG]

The Solid State Drive operates on an entirely different mode of operation. The best thing about the same is that it is quiet fast and much more reliable than the regular drives. For this you must first create better partition. You can do the same via cmd by using the format command. Just type format z:. Z is the drive letter and then assign NTFS format to the same. It is possible to create as many partition as you want.

In a SSD the information is stored directly on non-volatile memory chips. They are retained even without power. The advantages of this approach are numerous. There are no moving parts which makes them more resistant to shocks. So due to all this factor the SSD is much more reliable and easy to use. They also consume less power as compared to the regular one.

Just repartition it and the same will work. For that first connect it and from Device Manager update the drivers. It is recommended for better functioning and try to connect the drive to a high speed usb interface. Then run Disk Management and right click to divide the same in proper parts. Do not stop the process in between or else you can damage your drive. If you still get the error then just ask for replacement.

The Solid State Drives are a special type of hard drives as they are composed of Flash memory. Today Windows 7 gives you a better support for SSD drives. Windows 7 should show a significant improvement in this area, there will also be interesting to know if Microsoft plans to improve the thing at least in Vista, for example by installing Service Pack 2. You can also try a third party software for partitioning the same.

The performances of SSD depends on the user and the brand you buy. According to the manufacturer, the flow would be 170 MB / s read and 98 MB / s write. The first version was accused of 118 Mb / s Read and 40MB / s write, a rate well below those of the new generation. Of course, all manufacturers are values observed on a single platform and can change depending on the configuration of the user.