Thread: Samsung Monte Security Password

Samsung Monte Security Password

hi im new here. i bought this phone from ebay and it has got passwords on. i want to reset it to factory settings and it askes for a password, does anyone know how to delete this password as previous owner can't remember it. Thanks

Re: Samsung Monte Security Password

I have had never used Samsung Mobile and hence i dont have much idea about it. But as i do with all my Nokia and Sony Ericsson Mobiles, i can suggest you to do the firmware update of the device. While doing this too some of the devices prompt for password but most of the mobiles do not. There are possibilities that Samsung Monte will not ask you for password, and once the firmware update is finished, you will get it like a new handset. Post the results.

hi there thanks for your reply. can you do me a step by step guide of how to do this please x

You can try to do the following to reset the Samsung Monte mobile phone:

Touch Menu
    Touch Settings
    Scroll to and touch Reset settings
    Touch Select all
    Touch Reset
    Enter the password, touch Confirm.

Security Code: 00000000

As a security measure all accepted devices are reset upon receipt.

hi there, this is what i have tried but it asks for a password which i do not have, i have tried to enter 00000000 but it doesn't work. HELP

There is a default security password for all mobile phones. If you have the manual then you can check in that. Usually for Samsung Monte's default password is 00000000. If that is not working then someone has changed the password. You might need to run back factory settings to get the old settings back. It is also possible to reset the code. For that you can use *2767*688# or *2767*2878#.

Quote Originally Posted by samsungmonte View Post
    hi there thanks for your reply. can you do me a step by step guide of how to do this please x
    In order to install the application, you should first have installed the newest version of PC Studio on your system. Than only you will be able to install the Software Updater into PC Studio. Don’t forget to take the back-up of your data earlier than updating its software or it will be deleted.

1. Install the latest version of PC Studio 3(PC Studio 3.2.2 HG3 or later)
    2. Install Phone Software Updater
    3. Connect your phone to PC via Samsung Mobile cable.
    4. Run PC studio , which will guide you through the installation process.

Quote Originally Posted by Crespin View Post
    There is a default security password for all mobile phones. If you have the manual then you can check in that. Usually for Samsung Monte's default password is 00000000. If that is not working then someone has changed the password. You might need to run back factory settings to get the old settings back. It is also possible to reset the code. For that you can use *2767*688# or *2767*2878#.
    00000000 doesn't work. how do i run back factory settings??? or how do i reset the code (im not sure where to enter the number) thanks

You just need to go to Menu > Settings > Factory Reset and its done. Normally it will just ask you to confirm it again and you just have to press yes.

Touch Menu
    Touch Settings
    Scroll to and touch Reset settings
    Touch Select all
    Touch Reset
    Enter the password, touch Confirm.

You can also try to update the firmware of your mobile phone to the latest one, and it will also update and remove all the passwords from your mobile phone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hi guys, I have the same problem. My daughter has forgotten her phone unlock code!!!! The 00000000 doesn't work because she changed it. The *2767*688# or *2767*2878# codes don't work because it will only accept 8 digits and no * or # inputs. Any other ideas?

i forgot my pasword to unlock my samsung monte GT-S5620 phone can you help me

Quote Originally Posted by sinideepam View Post
    i forgot my pasword to unlock my samsung monte GT-S5620 phone can you help me
    The best thing that you can do is to contact the samsung service center but make sure that ou have bill for that phone. They will do that for you. This will be the best and safest way for this.

angry Re: Samsung Monte Security Password

Quote Originally Posted by Emma.J View Post
    The best thing that you can do is to contact the samsung service center but make sure that ou have bill for that phone. They will do that for you. This will be the best and safest way for this.
    the same thing has happened to me, I took it back but they said they are not responsible for the forgotten passwords. I am sooooo over it, I want my mobile back!