Thread: Installing operating system on HP Mini 210 netbook

Installing operating system on HP Mini 210 netbook

I am having the HP Mini 210 netbook which has the Windows XP operating system installed in it and now i want to upgrade the operating system of this HP mini netbook to the Windows 7 operating system. The problem is that how can i install new operating system in HP Mini 210 netbook because this netbook does not has the DVD Drive. Is it possible to install the operating system without DVD Drive in the netbook.

Re: Installing operating system on HP Mini 210 netbook

You are having the HP Mini 210 netbook and you want to install the Windows 7 operating system in this netbook by removing the Windows XP operating system which is currently installed in this mini netbook. The problem is that this mini netbook does not has the DVD drive so you cannot install the Windows 7 from the installation disc of the Windows 7 operating system. Don't worry we are here to provide you the solution for this problem. There are other ways available by which you can install the Windows 7 operating system in this HP mini netbook easily.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You can purchase the external DVD drive for installing the Windows 7 operating system in this HP Mini 210 netbook. There are many external USB DVD Drives are available in the market. Purchase anyone from them. Attach it using the USB cable to the USB port of your netbook and start installing the Windows 7 operating system in this netbook.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can also install the Windows 7 operating system in this HP Mini 210 netbook using the pen drive. Make sure that the pen drive which has the image file of the Windows 7 operating system is bootable and set the first boot device of the netbook as the pen drive or flash drive. Follow the instruction given on the following link for installing the Windows 7 properly on the HP Mini 210 netbook.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../dd535816.aspx

You can also install the Windows 7 operating system by the Direct installation method in your HP Mini 210 netbook provided that you should have the ISO (image) file of the Windows 7 operating system on the hard drive of the netbook.
    1-Download the Windows 7 operating systems ISO file.
    2-Install the Virtual clone drive software
    3-Right-click on the ISO file of windows 7 operating system and select open with option
    4-After that select “Mount files with Virtual Clone Drive” option.
    5-Go to the My Computer and double-click on the Virtual Clone Drive icon to start Windows 7 installation process.
    6- Follow the steps and complete the procedure.

Now you are having three ways to install the Windows 7 operating system in the HP Mini 210 netbook. I will recommend you to purchase the external DVD drive for this because it is better if you will install the OS from the installation disc rather than installing from the USB of from the image file stored on the hard drive. But at last the decision will be yours. So select any one method from these three and install the Windows 7 operating system in your HP Mini netbook.

helo every1..i have a problem...my hp mini 210-1000 and im having problem installing XP from a USB..i used usb multiboot and window xp and also pendrive with 16gb...but every time it loads all the installation files in the text mode setup and I end up getting a blue screen. I've tried everything and I can't even get to the UELA. Can someone please help me, I thank you in advance. pls email fouzulm@yahoo.com or send a reply...pls...urgent....i need netbook for my project

Hi fouzulm,

If you want to install Windows XP from USB on HP mini then follow the suggestions given here in this topic - Install Windows XP from USB. Basically, you just need to try re-creating the boot sector on the usb stick (best both, /fixmbr & /fixboot). can you access the recovery console when booting from win xp cd? Doesnt your HP mini have a cd drive?

i dont have cd drive

Well, in that case use the above tips on how to install Windows XP from Usb discussed previously in this topic. There are many online guides/tips also available on the net if you can search a bit for making a bootable usb drive to load Operating System in computer. One such guide you can read from here - How to create a Bootable USB Key?