Thread: Windows Media Player wont open alarm or ringtone on samsung i780 smartphone

Windows Media Player wont open alarm or ringtone on samsung i780 smartphone

I have a Sumsung i780 that is preinstalled with WM 6.0 which was working fine without any issues. But recently, when I was trying top open any ringtone or alarm tones it was not opening them? I even tried to open these files in the program files but WMP is not opening it. I am getting an error "This ring tone is corrupted or unavailable. Please choose a different ring tone" if I go to ringtone setting to select any kind of tone. I have checked and verified that the sound system in the mobile is fine, I can hear the sound when increasing and decreasing volumes. Therefore I think that the problem lies within Windows Media Player. Can anyone help me out with this issue. Thanks
    "The answer is out there, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to."

Re: Windows Media Player wont open alarm or ringtone on samsung i780 smartphone

Have you tried opening File Explorer and then clicking Storage Card and from there scrolling to the bottom an empty space will be there just below the last listed file. In there, you just need to press in that area with your stylus and and a windows popup menu will appear with serveral options with one such called "Show All Files", just click on it by checking it and All files will be shown and a particular file MSMEtadata will be there as well. This file is just needed to be deleted and after you restart your device try to open Windows Media player then.

I also used to have the same problem and was finally able to fix this issue, use the below methods:

1. In file explorer you have to goto APPLICATION DATA, then VOLATILE. Remove every thing in this folder (VOLATILE). Reset your mobile and every thing should work fine.
    2. Do backup your data before you make any move.

You can also try the above suggestions if this doesn't work for, by removing the WMPinfo.xml and MSMETADATA in program files (storage card), and a restart everything will be fine.

In case if nothing is working for you then you can try to hard reset the Samsung i780 to get alarm or ringtone working on your phone, follow the below steps:
    1. Power off the phone
    2. Hold down the begin call and end call buttons (green & red)
    3. Press and hold the power button
    4. Once the phone’s status LED turns red, “RELEASE” the power button but KEEP the other 2 pushed. Very important to do this !!!!!
    5. You will get a prompt to press the space key to format, or any other key to continue
    Blessings to you