Thread: Issue with with Pocket Outlook and MS Outlook 2007 synchronization, year recurrences synchronization

Issue with with Pocket Outlook and MS Outlook 2007 synchronization, year recurrences synchronization

Please help, I am facing a problem when trying to sync Pocket Outlook and MS Outlook 2007. The appointements for birthday and anniversaries which has recurrence set to 2 years can be transfered correctly from my PC to the PDA but when if I modify such appointments in PDA with Pocket Outlook, then after the next synchronization, the recurrence is changed to 12 years? I am on a Windows XP pro machine with Outlook 2007 and ActiveSync 4.5. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    -Their is a time for one thing, and times for other things, but now isn't the time to read this message-

Re: Issue with with Pocket Outlook and MS Outlook 2007 synchronization, year recurrences synchronization

There is a hotfix for this issue for Outlook 2007, that you can download from here - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=981048

Similar points noted in this hotfix: You create a yearly recurring event on a Windows Mobile device, and you synchronize the Windows Mobile device with a computer that is running Office Outlook 2007. However, in both the Office Outlook 2007 calendar and on the Windows Mobile device, the recurring event shows that it will occur every 12 years instead of every year (12 months) after you perform the synchronization.

Re: Issue with with Pocket Outlook and MS Outlook 2007 synchronization, year recurrences synchronization

I had this similar problem that is related to the Outlook 2007 itself. What I did to rectify this issue was, I uninstalled Outlook 2007 from my computer and reverted back to outlook 2003 and everything seems to be working fine then. Actually, this is a bug in microsoft outlook 2007 version itself, but I didnt bother to contact them and used my own methods, hope that helps you.

You can try to do the following to fix this issue:

Go to the event on the PDA, Edit, All
    Edit the OCCURS field, Switch to Monthly tab
    Change the day to appropriate day of the month
    Change "of every" to 12 month(s)
    NEXT
    I set the Pattern Starts date to the actual birthday or anniversary date (ex: Sun 2/2/1936)
    The Pattern: does not end
    FINISH
    Reminder: NONE
    OK

Be sure to hit the SYNC button after changing this. The event must remain EVERY 12 MONTHS. Changing the reoccurance on the device to every year and the problem happens again.