Thread: WM6 & responding to requests for email read receipts

WM6 & responding to requests for email read receipts

When using WM6 on amalgamation by means of the Exchange direct push functionality to get email pushed to the apparatus, there seems to be no opportunity to influence the method you respond to requests for read receipts; at whatever time the sender of an email requests a read receipt, a (positive) answer is always sent when you read the email on your WM apparatus. This is customary in WM6 (at least in WM6 'standard'). I checkered by means of Microsoft.

Re: WM6 & responding to requests for email read receipts

Most of them have been working by means of an innovative internet domain and corresponding innovative email addresses on which I take delivery of numerous mails from 'new' senders that I read on the apparatus. I infrequently receive spam (similar to the rest of the world) and sometimes I merely be familiar with it being spam subsequent to I read the mail on my apparatus. Subsequent to at the same time as the number of spam mails grew extremely fast. Someone once pointed me to the fact that most spam senders request read receipts to make sure the email address is 'active'. The customary positive responses to requests for read receipts in WM6 are simply making things worse, spam wise.

Regrettably, put out of action read receipt application is not sustained or maintained. Presently an Idea: When you take delivery of such emails, open them and promptly go to the menu and choose Mark as Unread. By means of some luck, this might protect the receipt from going out. Let me if this runs. Does anybody be familiar with if this flaw been corrected yet. This is previous tribulations which to-date is tranquil outstanding. WinMo 6.5 has the similar problem nearly 3 years on how exasperating.

I encompass escalated to the team in case there is a superior resolution. Temporarily, one of the workarounds I employ for probable spam is to not read Exchange Outlook emails from an unidentified sender or by means of a suspicious title from my apparatus. I frequently read and respond to co-workers and my recognized contacts emails to me on my 6.5 apparatus. Most of them determine to let you be familiar with if there is a superior solution. They appreciate your patience. Even though I do not have these tribulations.

If this is not solving the tribulations it is the majority probable the registry which requirements provisioning! Therefore I determine to do a number of additional investigations into this interesting matter, previous to mentioning no matter which further on this matter. Give pleasure to report back if the on top of software runs for you. TIA, FlexMail 4 is an enormous substitute to the preinstalled messaging submission on windows mobile apparatus. It makes available a lot additional control in excess of email and makes available a setting that facilitates you to specify how you desire to handle Read Receipts.

Is the Windows Mobile 6 Phone edition at present improved by means of long missed characteristic, similar to SMS-Counter, Stop Watch or additional functions, each standard Phone be able to do in view of the fact that several years. I am a Treo user exploring a switch to WM6. Am I to recognize in WM5 that you cannot copy and paste connecting submissions. Someone give pleasure to verify that you be able to copy and paste connecting submission freely in WM6. You be supposed to be capable to if the operator has facilitated that functionality.

You be able to in addition try these steps previous to you position your query at the Windows Live Help Forum. I observe that you are looking for the Read Receipt alternative in the Hotmail alternative. The Read receipt alternative is merely obtainable in Windows Live Mail. Create certain out the beneath connection that determine to give you an over view of Windows Live Mail: If you have comprise or encompass Windows Live Mail installed on your system, then have right of entry the Windows Live Mail alternatives (Not Hotmail options) If the Windows Mail options do not come into view. You have to open Windows Live Mail and Press ‘Alt’ key on the key board; this determine to bring up the Menu bar. Subsequent to that hit it off on Tools and then hit it off on alternatives. After that you have to hit it off on the Receipt Tab. At the end make sure the box next to ‘Request a read receipt for the entire sent messages’.