Thread: Windows Mobile 6.1 Cannot Delete/Copy/Sync Files

Windows Mobile 6.1 Cannot Delete/Copy/Sync Files

Initially, I consideration the tribulations was related to ActiveSync on my laptop, for the reason that I might not sync, and it was creating me a Guest, additional than the tribulations appeared when I attempted to sync by means of my workstation as well. As almost immediately as the correlation is made, I get an error communication that "Synchronization cannot be completed successfully". I used the troubleshooter as recommended, additional than the merely tribulations it found was that I was not running Outlook. I have rebooted the laptop, hot reset and cold reset the PDA, did a repair of ActiveSync 4.5, did an uninstall and reinstall of ActiveSync 4.5 and eliminated the entire partnerships. Then I become aware of that at the same time as I might explore the PDA, I might not copy several files from the PDA to the laptop/workstation. Then I noticed that at the same time as I might utilize Mobile Word to bring up to date and save a file, I might not copy that file to my SD card, nor eliminate the file. I get error messages to the effect that the file is locked or read-only. What should I do in this case.

Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 Cannot Delete/Copy/Sync Files

OK, immediately to generate certain I recognize, am I accurate in the following: You by no means have been capable to sync at home PC (no partnership constantly) You had a partnership (at run) and were capable to sync at one point in time one way or another, you lost the capability to sync to work PC You have completed a variety of things together by means of a hard reset (purchased apparatus back to original factory settings) So, is the entire that true. Do you presently have several partnerships. Which PCs. If your home PC does not encompass a partnership, have you tried unchecking the Advanced Network Functionality then tried to attach. BTW, you be able to do this by navigating to Start - Settings - Connections - USB to PC.

The "save as" utility does not save files to your SD card. I have by no means not had Outlook on my system so the entire my experience by means of sync has been Outlook connected. That said, when you attach your apparatus, you be able to find the method through the file structure. Yes I be able to navigate from side to side the file structure on the PDA, and via "Explore" in ActiveSync. Additional than I cannot copy or eliminate a file via the PDA, and I cannot copy a file from the "Explore" window to the desktop, additional than I be able to save an updated Word Mobile doc. This immediately started regarding a week ago.

I have constantly had a partnership by means of together my home system and laptop, and at present I have lost the capability to sync by means of moreover. It looks similar to the partnerships are essentially tranquil there, additional than at present I usually end up getting logged in as "Guest". A suggested fix I originate on the internet was to delete the entire the partnerships, which I have completed, additional than as soon as I plug in, I get the similar tribulations. I did notice once that the partnership was using the name of the PDA when it was working with WM 5.0.

I have not purchased the apparatus back to original factory settings, and I am hoping to keep away from that. I have completed the subsequent resets: Hold down the power button in anticipation of it asks if I desire to shutdown. Eliminate the battery for a small number of seconds and position it back in. (I consideration this was a hard reset). I generally run the correlation as "ActiveSync (low speed)" for the reason that working with it as "ActiveSync (high speed)" causes my VPN correlation to drop (as it is a innovative network correlation and updates the routing table). I did try together the low and high speeds when I was doing the troubleshooting, additional than to no avail. I even put out of action the firewall on my workstation, additional than in addition no go. (I do not observe 'USB to PC" or "Advanced Network Functionality" in the associations tab).

If you are working with 6.1 then you determine to comprise the capability to uncheck the Advanced Network Functionality. It has to be there (probably renamed in some method by the apparatus maker). What apparatus do you encompass I am working with WM 6.1 on an ASUS A636N. I consider that the high speed, low speed is the advanced network functionality in WM 6.1, as when you attach by means of "high speed", a 10 Mb/s network interface is facilitated on the PC you are associated too. In addition, when the PDA is associated, and I start up Windows Media, it gives a pop-up that says I have outdated drives or something to that consequence.

It is interesting to hear that "you are working with WM 6.1 on an ASUS A636N". I upgraded excavation to WM6, patched it to German and extremely well apparatus the entire in excess of again. Additional than do I miss to bring up to date to 6.1 or how come. Preferences/Info demonstrates Windows Mobile 6 (CE OS 5.2.1239). Have you tried generating an additional tasks folder, shifting those tasks that do not sync, sync and then shifting them back until you locate the ones that do not sync. Have you tried editing the tasks to observe if that resolves the tribulations. Sometimes bad RTF formatting be able to cause these tribulations.