Thread: Chinese USB Edge Modem Drivers Required

Chinese USB Edge Modem Drivers Required

Hi Guys
    This is Zahoor Solangi from Islamabad. I just visited this forum now and found it informative. I have China mobile set but never found drivers for com port. Now I am happy to download from this forum.

I face an other problem. I had purchased a USB Edge Modem (China) but lost CD now I can find drivers in net, though I did contact company but no reply.
    Can any one help me to get drivers for CPC USB Edge Mode. Picture is given here.

re: Chinese USB Edge Modem Drivers Required

Sorry mate, there is no site (as per my search for long time) having any drivers for CPC USB Edge Modem. The only way left is try to contact the CPC customer care again and again, and keep asking them for the drivers CD. Anyways, i'll try to search more later and let you know if i get. I guess you are using Windows XP operating system, right ?

I had asked my friend in China to contact company. He tried but phone was not attended. I use both Windows XP and Ubutu.

I am also searching for the same but could not found any. There is a way to install the modem. First connect it to the system and it will be detected as a plug and play device. Then Windows will search for drivers online and you might get drivers from Automatica updates. It works most of the time. Or else there is no support for the modem.

Quote Originally Posted by Crespin View Post
    I am also searching for the same but could not found any. There is a way to install the modem. First connect it to the system and it will be detected as a plug and play device. Then Windows will search for drivers online and you might get drivers from Automatica updates. It works most of the time. Or else there is no support for the modem.
    I did this already.

If you can connect the modem to your computer with a ethernet LAN port instead of by USB, then you usually will not need a driver. Other than that you will have to contact the manufacturer to get the driver for the Chinese USB Edge Modem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Re: Chinese USB Edge Modem Drivers Required

Quote Originally Posted by bon-z View Post
    If you can connect the modem to your computer with a ethernet LAN port instead of by USB, then you usually will not need a driver. Other than that you will have to contact the manufacturer to get the driver for the Chinese USB Edge Modem.
    It supports only USB. I also made contact to manufacturing company but no response.