Thread: Windows live (WM6) doesn't use wifi when available

Windows live (WM6) doesn't use wifi when available

I have a HP iPAQ 514 working with WM6. When I have comprise a running wifi correlation from by iPAQ, Windows Live tranquil tries to attach via GPRS. Be able to anybody tell me how I be able to force Windows Live to utilize my wifi correlation as an alternative of GPRS. When you utilize Wi-Fi, have you gone into associations to tell it not to utilize your ISP additional than to utilize your work correlation. I have comprise the exact similar tribulations. I have tried various settings additional than have not originate a method to create Live Messenger to attach through my wireless correlation as an alternative of my mobile data plan.

Re: Windows live (WM6) doesn't use wifi when available

To solve this tribulations I have gone to settings->connections->advanced I have comprise the following: "Internet connection" by means of a alternative of "Automatic", "My ISP GPRS", "Pass thru", "My wifi correlation" "Work connection" by means of a selection of "Automatic", "Pass thru" "WAP connection" by means of a selection of "Automatic", "My ISP WAP" "Secure WAP connection" by means of a preference of "Automatic" "MMS Network" by means of a selection of "Automatic", "My ISP MMS" I have tried setting "Internet connection" to "My wifi connection" additional than Windows live tranquil attach via GPRS. Be able to you tell me what settings I be supposed to utilize or if I am trying to create changes in the wrong place. Apologies for my unawareness, it's my fist familiarity of WM.

Regrettably I do not have encompassed a smartphone that has Wi-Fi so I cannot be accurate so I be able to merely take for granted that the settings are comparable to a Pocket PC phone. Optimistically I determine to give you sufficient to test it out to get it to work or superior tranquil, someone who has the similar iPAQ determine to jump in. If I am concerning to the net via my DATA correlation, I go to START/SETTINGS/Connection Tab and hit it off on the associations symbol then the Advanced Tab where there is a button to Select Networks. Clicking that button gives me the subsequent: Programs that mechanically attach to the Internet be supposed to attach using: The drop down menu gives two choices; My ISP and My Work Network.

If I am departing to attach via Wifi, I decide My Work Network. Based on what you gave on top of, I would guess that Work correlation using mechanical is what I would try. If not, then Internet correlation via My Wi-Fi correlation. I have encompassed a Sprint HTC Mogul working with WM6, and I cannot locate a setting by means of no matter which similar to "connect via Wi-Fi" or pass-thru to wi-fi. Each time no matter which try to attach to the internet, it uses PCS. Which I do not desire any ideas.

If I desire to utilize a wifi correlation, except I go into my wifi settings and revolutionize the correlation type to "The Internet", the apparatus determine to activate a data correlation and run off the data correlation even if I am previously associated to the internet via a wifi correlation. You might necessitate to do that as well Your tip was extremely helpful. I got my wifi settings to demonstrate Work rather than Internet and for the first time it worked. So if I get you appropriately. You recommend leaving the correlation open that previously exists and activate Wifi in addition to that.

I have immediately purchase a Samsung Omnia and subsequent to a lot of fuss managed to get it to attach to the internet (WAP) via my Vodaphone disburse as you go service. I tranquil cannot get it to attach to the MS Windows bring up to date server to create certain if there are several updates for the system software. The error subsequent to it times out, is the customary correlation to the update server was not obtainable. Create certain the date & time.

The tribulations has not been determined, MaryAliceC from the Microsoft Windows Mobile Team has asked the team to give the impression of being into it. I have used to bring up to date function previous to and it has worked. On the other hand, in the last month or two it stopped running. I receive the similar error message as you have comprise and posted, and am by means of Bell Canada. Official updates for apparatus come from the apparatus vendors so I suggest going to their website to observe if they present an update for the apparatus. Using ROM upgrades from additional sources might (or might not ) work and the merely advise I be able to give is to be extremely careful. You might "brick" your apparatus.