Thread: Connect I-mate K-Jam with pc

Connect I-mate K-Jam with pc

I have recently bought a new phone which is an I-mate K-Jam and i am trying to connect this phone with my computer system but the problem is that i am not able to do so. I have installed windows XP on this computer and my phone just does not gets recognized by my pc. What should i do?

Re: Connect I-mate K-Jam with pc

It might happen that you wont be having a proper drivers on your phone which would be needed to make your phone visible on your computer system. I would like to ask that are you getting any kind of error either on your phone's screen or PC's screen which might helps us to resolve your problem. So please check that what your phone says when you connect it with the computer system.

I think your computer system must be having some software which can detect your phone when you connect it with you pc. I have found one software named as an Activesync which helps you to control your windows mobile from the computer system. So you must download this software to make your phone working on your Windows XP system.

You can use ActiveSync 4.5 only with phones that run Windows Mobile 2003 or later versions. ActiveSync and Windows Mobile Device Center won’t work with Windows Embedded CE 4.2 or 5.0, Pocket PC 2002, or Smartphone 2002 phones. To see which Windows Mobile operating system you’re using, if your phone doesn’t have a touch screen, click Start > Settings > About. If your phone has a touch screen, click Start > Settings > System tab > About. To sync information to any of these phones, you must use a USB or serial cable and your computer’s Internet connection and File Explorer.

I have found that the Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 would be compatible with the Windows XP and the versions older then that. And if you want to connect your I-mate K-Jam with the Windows Vista or Windows 7 computer system then you have to use Windows Mobile Device Center. It might also happen that there would be some problem with the data cable itself which you are using to connect your phone with the pc.

There could be a problem with an USB port to which you are connecting your iMate or the USB drivers could be the problem on your operating system. I suggest you to check about the same by connecting any other device on the same USB port so that you can confirm that is there anything wrong with an USB or not.