Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Any way to display Chinese characters on English Windows mobile

Portable Devices

Old 06-08-2010

Any way to display Chinese characters on English Windows mobile

I have got a new mobile phone on which Windows Mobile operating system has been installed but the problem is that the this phone has everything in English and i do not understand this language in much way. Can i have Chinese language on this phone? Please Help Me!!!

Old 06-08-2010

Re: Any way to display Chinese characters on English Windows mobile

I think you have to get the language pack from an official website of your operating system's version. As per my knowledge your Windows mobile should be compatible with the language pack which you download on your phone so that it wont be having any problem. So please not that the version of phone's OS is compatible with the language pack.
Old 06-08-2010

I have seen it on some forums that the windows mobile phone does not have any kind of language packs to install on it which can change the enable you to use multiple language on your phone. I think you have to install the chinese version of Windows mobile which would be having chinese langauge from the start itself which will be having all the things in chinese language.
Old 06-08-2010

Actually Windows mobile registry values are quite easy to change, So i guess you would be able to change the language on your phone as long as you have a font files. There are many freewares which allows you to change the registry of windows mobile operating system. I have used Total Commander for doing this purpose on my phone.
Old 06-08-2010

Features provided in the version 2.51 of Total Commander for Pocket PCs are as follows, there is a version of Smartphones as well.
  • Windows installer now supports Windows Vista.
  • Let the user choose between horizontal and vertical icon arrangement in 2 window mode.
  • Let the user choose smaller icon sizes: 8x8,12x12,16x16 pixels on QVGA devices, 16x16,24x24,32x32 on VGA.
  • New icons from TC7 for Windows now also in the Pocket version.
  • A few new documented internal commands (see help).
Old 07-08-2010

I think Windows Mobile phone does not have anything like language packages by installing which you can use multiple languages on your windows mobile phone. But you need to install the Windows Mobile Operating system in a language which you need on your phone. So i guess you should directly install an English version of Windows Mobile on your Windows Phone.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,