Thread: Using windows update in WM6.1

Using windows update in WM6.1

I am using HTC touch diamond 2 mobile phone on which i have tried using the windows update but when i am trying to do so, I am getting an error as an update unsuccessful. What could be the problem with my phone? Please help me as i am not getting the reason for the problem.

Re: Using windows update in WM6.1

There could be something wrong with the network connection on your phone which wont be supporting your phone to connect with the website of your windows mobile updates. I think you should call to the customer care of the network providing company on your phone. Which SIM card you are using on your phone. They must be knowing if there some problem regarding the network on your phone.

I think you should try connecting your phone with some other websites which must be needing 3G or Wifi network on your phone so that you can confirm that your phone can connect with an internet connection which would be needing while you get an windows updates. But make sure that you have enables the 3G/Wifi on your phone before trying it.

It would be possible to have windows mobile updates from your computer system as well. You have to download the updates on your computer system from where you can install it on your phone by connecting your phone by using the USB data cable which must have got with your phone. But you have to use PC Suit of your phone which allows you to do so.

Even i am using the HTC touch diamond on which i have faced the same issue. Actually i have unlocked this phone. So i called to the HTC support who told me that you have to wait untill a ROM update is available for my phone on HTC website. It will allow me to download the new ROM file and install it on my phone.

When you try to update your Windows Mobile phone then the websites from where you are gonna update the version would be checking for the genuineness of your current operating system which must be okay in order to get an updates. If you have unlocked your phone then this kind of Unsuccessful Updates can happen on your phone.