Thread: Fixing Pre "phone Error"

Fixing Pre "phone Error"

My palm pre has been functioning very annoying now . I have sent the message at 8:27 a.m. I have used to send different one AT 8:30 A.M and it occurred the message as "phone offline" I called sprint . About 9 or 10 times! they transferred me to go for the advanced technical support and they have tried to connect me with the palm. but this was 8:40 and they quited at 8 today. I require my phone to work. the people had stated me to go form the complete erase and a sky background get up and all it sates that is "your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved" ..What I have to do in this case...

Re: Fixing Pre "phone Error"

I am so sorry to get your phone issues that you are experienced. It seems as there may have been an problem with the provisioning or programming implemented on your carrying device, and it may require to be fixed by Sprint. If technical support was not able to suggest you in proper manner , have you considered visiting a local Sprint store? When the Sprint agent had you complete erase, what did he stated after you explained him about this very error message which have occurred on your device ?

This fix is only for the users who are running with a semi-bricked Pre. For instance,If even after re-flashing with webosdoctor you received a "Phone Error" after making a restart and then after that's because the radio was not programmed in proper manner. You have to now commonly bypass the first-use / activation to found the phone for booting . One thing should be considered that even after bypassing the first-use application you will still receive the "Phone Offline" error when you started to boot up. But now its simple to resolve because you are able to put the phone in diagnostic mode and go with the QPST/QXDM and so many thing .

Right !!! One thing should be remember in this case, you can simply make a webosdoctor version which would be used and will do bypasses the firstuse application with the help of meta-doctor but that only feasible for versions > 1.2.1. For versions just as 1.0.3 you have to manually unpack the .jar file and modify some files to get it to work. So I have taken the qinray - 1.0.3 v1 ROM and made disabled the first-use-application and also made enabled-developer mode. There are several users know why the 1.0.3 version is necessary in this case..

I received the same "Phone Error" message on my phone. I have taken this to Sprint and the guy looked at this to resolve this problem, took it in the back and then moved back out and stated that its mostly a hardware or software related problem , I commonly asked what that indicates and he hint me "Sign Here and sprint will have to send you a new phone tomorrow" the phones on a constant loop of the Error message. If you are able to file a claim for this then its beyond normal repairs I think.